Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Dowling holding off on shoulder surgery until after the Ballygunner game I heard last night.

Google says he turns 26 in a few weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Young fellas like Joy, O’Grady and Porter are very raw but would benefit from being introduced to the squad. Conor McSweeney of Liberties is another worth looking at.

Elsewhere, I’d look at Robbie Hanley and maybe Dylan O’Shea & Conor Houlihan.

A smart move would be to bring in these lads and enter the Munster league with a panel other than the first 26 and see how they get on. Those games would be quality trials whilst giving the bulk of the panel a rest.

3 Likes

2 points. I don’t think Kyle hayes is a good interncounty six. It would be a waste of his talents. He’s outstanding at winning the ball and running. The other one while think it maybe a straight shoot out between graeme and peter I don’t agree. Graeme offers so much pace I think he’s crucial. That’s probably the biggest weakness across our starting fifteen. The lack of pace.

Good point about how unlucky Casey was. If he was fit he’d probably have replaced Gillane for the Waterford game and not the Dow. Could have been the end of Gillanes year as a starter if Casey got in that day.

We hold out pace inside for when the games open up and backs tire, unleash Pat Simon and OOR(still improving) with devastating effect.

Still I’d prefer it from the get go. We do tend to wear teams done. People say cork tired v limerick but fail to realise cork finished strong in every game bar the limerick game. They literally couldn’t deal with our physically for a full 70 minutes and they emptied.

He’ll be expecting a Presentation of a Replica All Ireland Medal next.

1 Like

We have a fright of options in the forwards. Kiely and Kinnerk can pick on form and also pick forwards to match up against the opposition.

I think we need to strengthen the weaknesses. We need to look at options or gameplans to nullify the likes of Cork and Clare with small nippy lads hurling around the half back line.

He’s 26 in December.

He’s the entertainment.

Cork really went after dan morrissey both days. If you watch the first game before hannon goes off lehane is giving him a torrid time but wod shores things up brilliantly when he comes on and Dan m moved to 6. Same in the semi. They pulled him out of position and left space in behind him at any opportunity.

2 Likes

Spot on.

It’s the icing on the cake for the lads, some star struck dullard following them around and posting every tiny detail on here,

2 Likes

Yeah Dan struggled in Ennis too. They all did with the running off them. Dan was gassed.

When we push up and force keepers to go long that half back line is unreal

2 Likes

Gillane had an outrageous year when you think about where he came from. If he hadn’t dropped the hurley all those times he would have had a bag full of goals and been hurler of the year. I kept expecting a top corner back to shut him down but it didn’t happen, surely a corner back can’t keep letting him get goalside and catch ball over their head again and again. They’ll be wise to him next year but question is can they stop him. I think Flanagan needs to offer more than running, he has it in him though.

Flanagan’s tour De Frances against Galway and cork were a glimpse of his potential. A very high ceiling that lad

1 Like

Don’t be too hard on yourself.

3 Likes

If he can deliver anything approaching that cork performance on a regular basis he’ll be some player.

He offered far more than just “running.” The space he creates is unreal. Needs to work on his finishing all the same.

2 Likes