Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I was chatting to someone who knows a fella who supplies the steak to the chef who cooks for the Wexford team and the word is that the lads who went down to Clare on the minibus to persuade Davy to stay on for another year will be “Davy’s best boys” and get picked next season no matter what. There’s a split in the camp because others wanted him out so it doesn’t look like we’ll be at championship pace until late December at the earliest. Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

Davy doesn’t forget a slight, so he doesn’t

The irony is Waaaaxford will be all out to win this tournament with that demented little goblin over them, the sad cunts. The Limerick lads will have a right laugh at them.

Wexford put down 250 sessions in October — The GAA are thinking about taking away their home advantage in the first round of the league as a consequence.

1 Like

I’m closing monitoring my Limerick internet bessiers trying to straddle the “sure we’re not even trying - we’re the All Ireland champions” chat with the inevitable meltdowns when they lose an exhibition or pre season match.

I dont think even the most deluded of the delusional Limerick massive care about this one — but this is the internet and anything is possible.

Maybe so last year ( although we weren’t invited ) but I think that source of amusement might be gone for a few years after 19 August . .

Holding the discussion on picking the team and subs bench for this game in private will be a massive boost to Team Limerick in not giving away the game plan and key tactical information to the opposition for this game. We all have to do our part.

We are the CO-OP superstore hurling champions of Munster pal you are just going to have to live with it.

The most fateful minibus trip in Wexford GAA history.

1 Like

I thought it was firmly established that those boys were gone to Clare for a piss-up at the Matchmaking festival and met Davy by chance?

you’re trying as hard with this post as Davy and the boys will be next week.

I heard they got off the bus at the Clare border, walked over it and swore they weren’t coming back across the border without Davy

3 Likes

Was professional hurler Lee Chin on the bus?

Great match, well done Limerick, ye were so fantastic I can’t put it into words. All Ireland Senior Hurling Champions, just incredible. I’m happy now.

The word is that all the Wexford panel were invited to Ennis for a knees up, with no more about the trip than it being a shindig. The 15/16 lads who travelled were surprised to find their presence at this shindig glossed, via subsequent spin in the media, as an entreaty to DF to stay on. This surprise is still percolating through the Wexford panel.

You can try and be too clever, via your media buddies, so you can.

2 Likes

Wexford panel ?

Sorry, yes.

Freudian slip…

1 Like

Grand. Fuck off so.