Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

How’s Willie O’Meara’s jaw coming along? @TreatyStones

Mikey O’Brien from Doon i presume he’s played underage up along? Not many were mentioning him for inclusion on next year’s panel, possibly no one.

At least four of them are recovering from cruciates

The other lad has broken down mentally

2 Likes

Yes he has played underage and Minor with Limerick. Was Doons no. 6 this year, was well trusted with the role for a young age. He wouldn’t be a flashy or very eye catching hurler but obviously Kiely sees the grit and the dog in him, which he has. Would be well regarded in Doon.

Is he still u21? I thought he was very impressive for Doon this year.

He’s only 19.

He definitely has the minerals to make it. Half back line will be the toughest line to break into though.

Barry Murphy is a top class forward as well. He might get used a bit more this year.

I think we’ll see a few changes. A lot of inter county managers will have seen what pat Ryan done to Mike Casey in the county final. Just raw pace caused him all sorts of trouble. I think all six of our backs are probably lacking a little pace. Nobody will leave hannon sweep anymore either.

English and Finn are both quick . English particularly so . The half back line is a real worry on the pace matter ok and the cork semi really showed this .

There quick over 5 yards alright but I think it’s pace that’ll catch us out. Cork\Clare have plenty of pace in their attack and they gave us the most bother.

After watching Mullinaghta’s great win yesterday I saw the TG4 nominations for goal of the year . There was no Lk goal nominated . The Lynch goal in the semi probably one that should and maybe Hegarty v Waterford .

1 Like

True .

You would be have thought teams would have copped all that after we beat Kilkenny. Then Cork. If it was that easy to shut us down Galway (or Cork a second time round) would have beaten us. Neither managed it. Teams will be wiser to the way we play alright but easier said than done to shut it down completely

1 Like

Is Mikey OBrien quick? He didn’t stand out pace wise for me when I’ve seen him.

To be fair. Mike Casey isn’t exactly slow. Pat Ryan has nitrous oxide in his boots and would burn any full back in the country

Cork did crack it in the semi . They had Lk in utter knots for large periods of the game . Their problem is they fell asunder in last 10 and their defence isn’t good .

It’s very hard to shut down a team capable of winning primary possession all over the field.

You’d think somebody would have stopped Kilkenny winning all their ones. They had class hurlers, ball winners and dogs

We didn’t trick anyone this year and won it on merit.

Cork were very close to beating us. Galway have a terrible manager and played right into limericks hands. Johnny glynn was their fifth best forward and people were talking about him like he was Christy ring. If Galway play us again they’d surely stick Whelan on at 14 and try run around Casey. Lumping high ball on him does not work. Cork/Clare/Galway played against us in the league. Our results against them in championship was two draws, a loss and a one point win. I feel the more we play teams the quicker they learn.

We destroyed them on puck outs in the first half. They changed it and got a foot hold until we forced Nash to go long and we destroyed them again.

Why do Limerick people feel the need to find excuses for winning.

It wasn’t cork’s inside forwards pace that caused us bother, nor Clare’s. Last August Casey was going to be cleaned in the air by Johnny Glynn and now apparently he’s going to be cleaned by a nippy corner forward… :rollseyes:

Pat Horgans shot hit the post with a couple of minutes left. If that went over it was the game.

He got cleaned by pat Ryan in the county final with just pace.