Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

With Paddy Powers? Was hoping for a better price on Na Piarsigh. I agree that Doon should be minimum of 3/1.

Yep

That was a class goal from Pat Ryan. He is unbelievable fast. 1-3 he got I think, not a bad return at all from play.

Cuala are gone man, gone!

But I would be woried about Ballygunner and the Shamrocks this year.

Don’t be replying to that snake, he’s only purposely misconstruing comments to have another dig at Na P, the sour cunt.

I’m not having a dig at nap at all. Just merely pointing out hype from the fans sometimes effect a teams performance. Complacency can be an issue. The only thing that will beat nap on saturday week imo but if I was them I wouldn’t be looking beyond doon not to mind a club all ireland.

You were quick to warn us back in august about fans getting carried away.

Nap have been good but kilmallock exposed clear weaknesses. Their full back line may be their downfall.i don’t know where Niall Buckley is but I feel he is a loss for them.Conor Boylan is some man to catch a ball but what he does afterwards has a lot to be desired. Also I felt Nap were like the walking wounded as a few of their players were heavily strapped.Alan Dempsey had a good game even though he looks to be carrying a injury. If Nap are anyway complacent they won’t win.doon are a lot better than they were earlier in the year.their forwards can cause problems for any defence. Given the time of year the County final is on and more than likely cold/miserable weather I suspect this will be a close affair.

Your a great addition to the forum.

Stop replying to yourself.

1 Like

Five days to the big one.

Both parishes are buzzing. The colour, the excitement, the anticipation - it’s what hurling is all about. A huge economic boost for Drom too.

:smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Surely a big preview in the observer on Wednesday.

1 Like

I have my copy ordered .

Whoever loses the junior a final should not be too disappointed as they will more than likely win next year. They are miles ahead of other junior teams.

No offence mate but fellas have been banned for a lot less .

To be fair to Na Piarsigh they have big men everywhere and are used to playing on winter pitches and thriving, as is evidenced by going deep in the All Ireland series three times. I think a heavy pitch might be more use to them than Doon in fact, who have some light fast players like Pat Ryan, Barry Murphy etc.

I don’t think Doon are particularly better now than they were earlier in the year either. I actually backed them to beat Na Piarsigh in the first championship match of the year as i felt they might be able to catch Na Piarsigh on the hop, being not long after their All Ireland defeat in March. But they were very poor and well beaten on the day, the score line flattered Doon if anything.

A worry for Doon heading into the final just two weeks away from the semi final is Darragh O’Donovan didn’t have his usual impact and was blowing hard at the end of the game. As he said himself when interviewed his fitness is a good bit off where it needs to be and he struggled at times in the semi final. They will need him at 110% and everything to go right for them against Na Piarsigh in two weeks. He’s a big player for them and the question is will he be perfect in two weeks time. I think the answer is he won’t be at 100% fitness.

All in all I see Na Piarsigh winning this. I can’t see Doon getting close to them unless something amazing happens. Like maybe a Na Piarsigh player takes someones head off early on and gets the line. But that’s probably wishful thinking. Na Piarsigh have guns they can fire all over the field and i’m not sure outside of Richie English and Denis Moloney that Doon have the quality in the backs to hold them all.

Are you worried they’ll overdo the espressos?

1 Like

The days of a club like na piarsigh being caught on the hop are getting scarcer, as the majority look after themselves throughout the year. Only proviso is in almost any game, if a side hits hardly any wides, they’ll have enough shots to win it, so there’s always a chance. You need 15 playing well to beat naps though.

Can’t see anything other than a Nap win to be honest. Nothing fazes this team, tipping along in 3rd gear so far as well.

It’s actually an incredible group of club players they’ve assembled. Fair play to them, might as well make hay while the sun shines. They are actually only coming into their prime I think in the next 3 / 4 years. Be great for Doon and all that but I can’t see it. The problem other teams have with Nap as well is as soon as you have a top forward yourself they just stick Mike Casey or someone like that on him ala Pat Ryan the next day.

1 Like

NaP by 15.