Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

2 in a row for Pat Tobin, Mikey Ryan set up both. Starting to settle after Kilmallock roared into a 7-point lead. Looking slick.

Hard see the winning margin in both Q/Fs being south of 10 points .

Kilmallock playing nice heads-up hurling; Murroe/Boher not applying enough pressure out the field. You don’t let fellas have loads of time to pick out the runs of O’Reilly & Mulcahy.

Kilmallock should just tap over the points. no need for goals here.

Score?

2-08 to 0-6. Murroe have the breeze

199 Fior Gaels watching on line

2-11 to 0-07 HT. Goals from O’Reilly and Hanley. A few bad wides as well. Kilmallock a lot sharper. Murroe messing around with short puck outs.

Half-time: Kilmallock 2-11 Murroe/Boher 0-7

Kilmallock definitely the better team, creating goal chances, feeding the inside line well and good movement from the half-forwards. Murroe/Boher coping a little better since Conor Byrnes went back.

Sean Tobin hasn’t touched the ball in open play, I don’t think which is a big reason why the gap is so high; he’s their best player by a mile, they need him on the ball. Pat Tobin hit 3 from play to be fair to him. Darragh Kennedy has done well although Phelim O’Reilly hit him with a massive shoulder a few minutes ago.

It’s mad how much Oisin O’Reilly runs and plays like Darren O’Connell; looks very dangerous.

I’d say there was plenty of latecomers, I was doing a 10k over on the north side that caused massive tailbacks on the Condelll road

4-27 to 0-13 FT

Final Score: Kilmallock 4-27 Murroe/Boher 0-13

Some hammering. I was very disappointed with M/B though. Kilmallock are clearly a much better team but they never really put it up to them; so far off their men in defence. Kilmallock did look very good though.

Hopefully the second match will be better; I don’t think the Well are anywhere near as good as Kilmallock but do have some top forwards at the same time.

The gap between the big 4 and the rest is massive . The current system only means less turkey shoots .

Ciaran Carey in the commentary box for this one.

That is an awful hiding, didnt expect a margin like that.

Nasher has just put Liberties into the lead. Butler made a great save from Tommy O’Brien and then Lynch had a shot which the commentators were hailing as one of the greatest scores of all time… but it actually was wide.

This is chronic shite.

Half-time: Patrickswell 1-13 South Liberties 0-9

Conor McSweeney scored a great point to level the score at 7 points apiece after 22 minutes but Patrickswell upped the gears and finished the half very strongly.

Liberties are better set up than Murroe/Boher were; getting more out of Nash & Ryan than Murroe/Boher got out of Tobin, but still probably not enough. Considering they were playing with the wind, it’s probably out of their reach but they need to keep fighting.

Patrickswell had a good few goal chances that they missed before Tommy O’Brien got one on the stroke of half-time. That probably ends the game as a contest. Gillane spent some time around the middle of the field but is now back inside and looks dangerous. KOB a big threat too. Conor McSweeney doing well for Liberties though.

Bye bye Nash. Stupid wild pull and he gets a second yellow.

Bit of an oul melee now.