Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

:smiley:

Will you be at it? We’ve a few iniury concerns…

1 Like

It’s going to be a serious weekend of hurling, should be 8 cracking matches, all between fairly evenly-matched teams.

Naw, I said I’d wait for the final.

I have to hand it to you, you’re very magnanimous in defeat.

Hannon is the best hurling centre back in the country and the All Star in waiting, captain of the team who won the ‘greatest championship ever played’.

2013 well and truly banished to distant memory. What a man, what a hurler.

2 Likes

Think we do actually.

Re the semis I fancy Na P & Doon to prevail . Na P will have too much firepower .

The other semi is a big day for Doon . They really have no excuses . You feel they can certainly reduce the effectiveness of the well’s 3 stars with their own county players and their back up cast should be better . It will be a big let down for them if they don’t win this . They lost of the well 2 years ago when they had a huge injury list .

The only thing that will catch nap is over confidnece and given some of their supporters are already talking about club all Ireland’s that could be an issue.

1 Like

Maybe

Kilmallock look a lot better than last year, playing much better hurling and have a better balance to their team. That said, your point about firepower is valid. Mulcahy is top top class and O’Reilly is in good form but Na Piarsaigh have 6 really excellent forwards, it’s very hard to keep them all quiet. Casey will pick up Graeme and if he can hold him any bit, you’d imagine NaP should have enough.

Gillane has been class for Patrickswell, will Doon put English on him? I thought with Considine, O’Brien and Carmody back there the last day, the Well looked very secure; Pat Simon & Murphy are very lively but I always feel like Doon can go a bitter headless when the chips are down. They need a huge game from DOD but if they can keep playing smart hurling, they should see it out. If they revert to type, the Well could sneak it.

Just the one

Gillane was iffy in the last 2 games I saw . The well fb line looks better but SL were utterly abysmal so we won’t know . Doon really have to win this . A defeat will be a massive set back .

A defeat for either team will at least spare them a 20 point hammering in the final

1 Like

Doon vs Kilmallock final. Novelty pairing.

The balbec to prevail.

1 Like

NaP v Doon final - NaP to win out by 8.

Doon could give Na P a game and will mean they reached a final which will be progress and some thing to build on . Only 9 years ago Na P lost a final by 19 points . .

9 years ago is a lifetime in the evolution of a hurling team. It may as well be the 80’s

Patrickswell qualified for the quarter-finals after being beaten 3 times. Under the old system they’d be well out of it.

I fancy Doon here. Mental brittleness has always been their downfall despite having some fine hurlers. Too many chiefs on the line also, but they’ve slimmed down their backroom this year. They’ll win Sunday and have a shit attack for the county final.

The Balbec have plenty forwards other than Graeme Mul to trouble teams. Oisin O’Reilly has blinding pace and can take a score. Paudie O’Brien is bringing a lot of experience up there as well. They’re a bit short-handed at the other end, though. Benny Burke (corner-forward for the juniors last year) has been slotted into corner-back of late.

Na Piarsaigh to win, but not by as much as many think.

I’m hearing that the Well are bringing their cap with them Sunday.