Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I think Doon can do it

They have a chance but all their big names have to be unreal on the day . Na P will win if 3 of their forwards perform . That is likely when you think about it .

Anything can happen in a final. Doon have plenty of fire power to cause plenty of problems for Na Piarsaigh, this will be a very close game.

Pat Ryan, Barry Murphy and Coleman are all very dangerous.

I was impressed with Doon today

Why? Doon are a fine team, I just can’t see their backs hold the Na p forwards to less than what Doon will score.

It could be but if both teams play to their potential then Na P win by 7 points . Everything and I mean everything has to go well for Doon . A lot has to go awry for the latte boys .

I wasn’t that impressed with the second game but it’s hard to gauge where nap are at. They have more gears but complacency could be an issue. You fans of theirs on here talking about a club final against cuala in march.

Doon have beaten Na Piarsaigh twice in the last five years.granted they were group games. Doon won’t fear Na Piarsaigh one bit. This will be a close game.

It’s a bit like limerick v Galway in the all Ireland final. Doon being limerick of course. They’ve been coming along nicely all year but can they perform on the biggest day.

I actually think the current Doon side are slightly better than Kilmallock (sorry @balbec), at least in the inside forwards. I suppose I’m slightly biased as I have more than one connection with this current Doon side, would love to see them win one. But I can foresee them getting a bit of joy inside

Conor Houlihan was very good when he came in today.

They seem to have absorbed David breens loss easily. Gordon Brown a fine player

No one “fears” any more . Doon know well they are underdogs ffs and they will see a Na P team on the go as beatable . They have a chance but as I said an awful awful lot has to go right .

You could be right. Missed the first half of the first game but on the basis of what I saw today and looking though the team sheets I think kilmallock are stronger. I don’t think doon have the same spread of quality as kilmallock. You’ll have seen more club games than me this year so your opinion is probably worth more here.

Oh 100%, Doon need to play out of their skin and Na Piarsaigh need to be below par. But that can happen…

Anything can happen in a final

And Grimes out injured and Kevin Ryan suspended. Moving WOD to 6 has had a massive impact in reshaping the team.

Ah there’s little or nothing in that assessment, I just feel Doon’s inside line as a unit will take more minding than Kilmallock’, and Kilmallock hit two goals today. Graeme Mul was carrying the major threat in there really. Oisín O’Reilly has ridiculous pace but I thought his hurling limitations were shown up today a few times. Whereas Doon have Pat Ryan, Coleman and Barry Murphy operating inside and Mícheál Ryan coming in there (made a good impact today), just feel they’re a more dangerous unit for Na P to look after and there were chinks of weakness there in the Na Piarsaigh full back line today, especially in the corners.

WOD was outstanding today. Adrian Breen is a class act. You couldn’t but admire Nap.

I was disappointed in Kilmallock tbh . Bar OOR and Graeme Mul their attack was not great . I felt Na P had another gear .

What were kilmallock thinking bringing graeme mul out to the half forward line in second half?