Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

I’m not sure where Grimes fits into that team to be honest. Niall Buckley another man gone. Mike Foley doesn’t seem to be getting a look in anymore

Foley is a fine player he’d start for any other club I’d say, a good luxury to have a sub of his quality. Grimes is wing back with Lynch to midfield and Brown dropping to the bench if all are fit.

You’re right about all of that I’d say. But the potential weaknesses you’ve pointed out for Na P are even bigger weaknesses for Doon i think, and they’re up against a better set of forwards. Na P defence looked disorganised at times today. In the first half especially I saw king and WOD get drawn out past the half way line a few times. Any forwards will do damage with that much space given. They have some work ons.

Watched the Richie Bennis Laochra Gael show this afternoon

Was surprised to see Patrickswell didn’t win their 1st county till the 1960s, 1965 I think it said

1 Like

Kilmallock will be disappointed. They gave it everything this year. Will that management stay on you’d wonder?

Probably

If Doon can get Murphy & Pat Simon the ball, they can do damage against the NaP backline. However, they probably didn’t do that enough today; the Well aren’t near as good a team as Na Piarsaigh though.

Again, it’s hard to see Doon doing enough to hold the Na Piarsaigh forwards. I thought Boylan was poor enough today, and Dempsey was below his best but still, they racked up a nice score. Richie English is a top defender but he can only pick up one of them.

I’d love to see Doon do it but they’re heavy underdogs.

Lots of talk about Doon being heavy underdogs, both @Aristotle and @anon32894817 have mentioned it. But I recall the last time they met earlier in the year in the group stage Doon were only 9/4 to win that day. Just wondering what odds ye think Doon will be put up at? For what it’s worth I really fancied Na Piarsigh prior to it being announced it’ll be played under lights, which might have more of a levelling effect and if nothing else is a conundrum from a betting point of view.

I think the two Boylans didn’t do their chances of being called into the Limerick set up any favours today, I thought both were below par.

Anyone know how Paul O’Brien went for Mungret? @dodgy_keeper How did Mikey Reidy play for Athlacca?

9/4 is pretty decent odds, I would say! Doon are a good team.

I thought Jerome was alright; OOR is a real livewire. OOR has starrerd for Kilmallock this year, despite not getting a look-in with Limerick, it looks like he has definitely improved. Conor Boylan is very frustrating; good man to win a ball but what he does with it after isn’t good enough yet.

POB had a decent second half. When inside in the full-forward line, Finn kept him very quiet but he did a bit more damage outside. Still, a lot quieter than he has been.

To be honest, I thought Finn was head & shoulders the best player on the pitch in that came, a class act.

Dylan O’Shea hit at least 1-2 against us without dominating the game or anything, I thought. It wasn’t really a game for forwards to shine but he did show a real touch of class when he got a ball in space.

Dylan o shea will make it as a very good senior hurler in time for limerick. Mike Reidy has little interest in hurling county Id say.

1 Like

Dylan O shea is a real prospect .

A bouncer that can actually hurl is a frightening prospect. Saw him at 14 and couldn’t get over him. Best underage hurler I’ve seen besides Kyle and seamus. Nailed on to make it.

Then with respect, you can’t describe Doon as “heavy underdogs” like you did a while ago if you think 9/4 is good odds about Doon winning this game. I enjoy reading your posts, but maybe betting is not your forte. For example Kilmallock were 9/4 to beat Na Piarsigh today, and i would consider Kilmallock as being a better side than Doon. I would expect Doon should be bigger than 9/4. But it will be interesting to see because the bookies might be inclined to put the sides closer together on account of it being a final and Doon having a good number of Limerick players in their own right.

Lads drafting club odds haven’t a clue and you can’t really put too much money on either. If you could put proper sums of money on nap would have been shorter imo

Well, for me, anything upwards of 2/1 is pretty heavy underdogs for a county final.

On paper, it probably should be closer but until Doon actually win one, they will not be fancied.

What about Ryan Tobin, how is he going this year, I haven’t seen the bouncers.

Mike Reidy played with Kildare, same as David did. He was called into the Senior Limerick panel in 2015 but didn’t get much of a chance under TJ. Anytime I have seen him play for Athlacca he has impressed me, I don’t get why he wouldn’t be interested in playing inter county strikes me as a very committed club player anyway

For today? I thought the odds were right today to be honest. I wouldn’t have been any bigger than 9/4 on Kilmallock. I gave them a very fair chance. I would consider Kilmallock a level above Doon.

He’s 26 or 27 now and enjoys his social life. Would always be at chelteham and aintree great man for the horses.

Tyrone were 11/2 for an All Ireland final this year. That’s what you’d call heavy underdogs for a final. 2/1, 9/4 isn’t.