Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

Is Mike Reidy teaching?

The bookies were giving killamock a 30 percent chance.

Yes. I think he’s back in limerick now. I know both relatively well. Some men to have a pint with. Always great craic in them. Mike reidy gave a great display at fullback for the limerick intermediates v tipp in 2014.

Up & down; was quiet yesterday for example, but again, the conditions were simply horrific and don’t suit a small, light player like him.

Has done some serious damage in other games though, he’s a lovely hurler but physically has a bit to go yet.

O’Shea is a serious talent but still operates too much on the fringes of the game for me. His movement is clever and he’s great at drifting into space. But at the highest level, you can’t always wait for the easy ball. That will come in time though, he’ll probably be introduced to intercounty hurling as a corner-forward.

He’ll be much more suited to inter county level hurling at senior level.

31% chance to win inside 70mins. Higher if you discount the draw. Not sure what you’re saying? What price do you think Doon should be for the final?

12/5

Nap 8/11

I’ll have one million euro on Na Piarsigh at 8/11 with you please.

1 Like

Done.

Na Piarsaigh are 6/5 to win Munster and 11/4 to win the All Ireland.

I’d price them up at 1/3 to win the county final.

He’s teaching back in Raheenagh (Killeedy Parish). Richie English is there too.

I missed the game yesterday pal, had a stag over the weekend.

Beaten up a stick all over the field apparently, had a good year overall and anything beyond survival was a mere bonus.

Very surprised to see Croom make it through. I presume Athlaca will win handy enough?

You’d imagine so.

In all honesty the intermediate grade is basically glorified junior really. We struggled to beat Claughaun Old Christians and they ended up going down. Very little between most of the sides at intermediate but D/A look by far the strongest side there this year. They’ll hold their own at premier intermediate next year.

https://youtu.be/ZHOS2Shtk3s

6 Likes

If Peter Harty has skipped that sunbed the night before he’d have had the energy to win possession and prevent the goal.

1 Like

I wrote Croom off against both Effin & Glenroe. On paper, they wouldn’t be as good as either, particularly Glenroe. But to be fair to them, they’re getting the absolute maximum out of what resources they have, and that’s without Conor Allis.

I’d say the rain did them no harm against Glenroe who must be wondering how they fucked it away.

But I’d be even more shocked were they to beat Dromin/Athlacca. They just seem to be much better coached than other teams at that level, their support running and attacking movement is very impressive. If they do go up, I think they’ll cope alright. Don’t have a massive pick is the only thing, but a lot of teams have thin enough panels these days.

#FantaHarty

3 Likes

If those lads gave up the booze they’d be serious athletes … One of them was a decent soccer player as well but he was always hung over going onto the pitch

Glenroe have no interest in winning the intermediate.