Limerick GAA - knocked down, but will get up again

The days of a club like na piarsigh being caught on the hop are getting scarcer, as the majority look after themselves throughout the year. Only proviso is in almost any game, if a side hits hardly any wides, they’ll have enough shots to win it, so there’s always a chance. You need 15 playing well to beat naps though.

Can’t see anything other than a Nap win to be honest. Nothing fazes this team, tipping along in 3rd gear so far as well.

It’s actually an incredible group of club players they’ve assembled. Fair play to them, might as well make hay while the sun shines. They are actually only coming into their prime I think in the next 3 / 4 years. Be great for Doon and all that but I can’t see it. The problem other teams have with Nap as well is as soon as you have a top forward yourself they just stick Mike Casey or someone like that on him ala Pat Ryan the next day.

1 Like

NaP by 15.

NaP -4 is 10/11

I’ll put 4 week’s dole money on it.

2 Likes

they needed someone on the edge of the square, because in my opinion Podge Kennedy is a bomb scare and has cost them a fair amount in big games

Christmas bonus as well?

1 Like

Wouldn’t have thought he’s that bad but he fucked them in the all-Ireland final alright, should of saved that 21 at the end.

he’s had a good few howlers. I wouldn’t have any faith in him under pressure. His puckouts are iffy as well.

I do think they miss David Breen a bit, he was such an important player for them and was often the one to drag them on when the chips were down. Conor Boylan isn’t on the same level but still, that’s as good a replacement as you could hope for.

If there is a weakness, it’s in the full-back line. But WOD for all intents and purposes was a sweeper the last day and will protect that line as much as possible. Maybe Doon will get more joy from the space outside him from DOD but you’d imagine they’ll need goals.

THe 2 Dempsey’s are outstanding club hurlers . They really are the men who make Na P tick . If Doon stop them having a big influence they might have a chance .

I don’t think the full back line is a weakness at all.

It went to shit alright after Mike Casey went off last year against Cuala. But that’s to be expected.

They won’t meet much better full forward lines than they did last week and did alright.

I wouldn’t say it’s a real weakness but compared to the other lines of the pitch where it’s just brimming with quality.

I thought they struggled with OOR at the weekend. Now there’s no shame in that, he’s ridiculously quick but they’ll meet other fast forwards and maybe ones who are a bit more efficient. They did well to keep Mulcahy out of the game alright with that was mainly due to the work done outside.

Rahoon Newcastle will knock them out of the all Ireland club semi final next year.

Do Galway send their intermediate clubs forward to the AI series?

There’s a very average Galway corner back, who has an even more average younger brother. @flattythehurdler 's dream is to see this young lad get cleaned by Dowling.

Kilmallock had to bring Mul out the field in the second half, the placing of WOD was key here.

I do think Niall Buckley is a big miss alright in the full back line this year. He is an outstanding club corner back.

I think 12 of the 15 that started against Kilmallock have represented Limerick at underage/senior. And I think Brown played football

Naps main core of Casey, Dowling, wod and p Casey is probably not much better than English, dod, p Ryan and b murphy. If they had Eoghan mc they’d actually have a stronger spine. the Problem for other teams and indeed doon is that even if you stop Casey and the dow they’ve two more lads in d Dempsey and Downes to fall back on. Even if you take wod out of it they still have alan Dempsey, Grimes and Ronan lynch. That’s the big problem. The likes of Adrian breen are decent club hurlers but on paper he’s probably naps 6 best forward and is invariably one of the least watched players by the opposition. They can hurt you in so many ways but are such an even team. You could argue they’ve 20 lads not miles off intercounty standard but reliant on nobody. Nap on the few times they played bad it tended to be breen to kick start things so it will interesting to see how much they miss him.

I don’t think they are lacking leadership. Alan Dempsey took the bull by the horns on Sunday with some big scores.

I’m not saying leadership but breen was very physical and direct. Often came up with a big plays. Broke a few tackles and scored a goal or caught a high ball.