Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

I donā€™t know what you mean by let down but the only Limerick players thatā€™ll be anyway happy are hannon, tom m and possibly richie mc. The rest were very poor.

I may have it wrong but I thought you were scathing about a Cork player going down easy recently and you had the players of Patrickswell on a pedestal?

1 Like

I donā€™t condone diving, if a limerick player dived itā€™s a shameful act. As I said the cork cowards have been at it a lot recently and if it isnā€™t reffed it will become the norm.

Clare were miles better today and he didnā€™t decide the game but Owens is a hopeless ref.

One awful decision in the first half when Flanagan was tackled around the neck. Waved play on and Clare promptly went down the other end to get a point. (Admittedly Limerick got a ridiculously soft free in at one stage in the first half on the 21 too, may have been Flanagan again).

I just think he is a poor, poor ref. Strikes me as an arrogant cunt too.

The Sunday game managed to get a whole segment out of limerick players langering stupid aimless ball up the field. They even managed to highlighted the space the ball could have been hit into or the free man it should have been hit to. Fools on here lambasting the wrong players and ignoring the stupid fucking langering of the ball down onto Clare backs. Gobshites.

1 Like

How we went from composed, pinpoint clearances over the last three matches to lumping it forward aimlessly today is most disappointing.

We had no idea how to use the extra space when it went to 14 v 14. Clare walked through us without having to work particularly hard for it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m convinced itā€™s all part of Kielyā€™s masterplan to take the pressure off us. I was actually joking to one of the lads that McCarthy would be a good option to bring on into the forwards, as he had played centre-forward and took the frees for us years ago in Ennis. I couldnā€™t believe it when he actually came on. Iā€™m seething this evening, Ć  la @Bandage last week.

1 Like

Conlon was causing wreck. If they wanted to bring on McCarthy then they should have taken off a defender though.

1 Like

You could have hit the nail on the head there kid. Nobody in their right minds considers us a serious threat after today and only the half wits considered us contenders before today

1 Like

Your an idiot and havenā€™t a notion about Hurling. You blamed the ref and completely ignored the non red card which was the biggest decision in the whole game. Clare forwards had our backs number all game and didnā€™t allow us clear one easy ball. English, condon, finn, morrissey and Casey all struggled massively to control and clear the ball, under intense pressure they donā€™t have the skill set to work the ball through the lines and instead reverted to striking on the run, under pressure which results in bad ball. The forwards in particular Dowling and Flanagan done the backs no favour. They consistently made silly runs and rarely created any space for our backs to target. Our forwards got plenty of winnable ball today and invaribably fumbled it or took on the wrong option. Weā€™ve no shape in our attack today and looked clueless in how to create space or an overlap.

1 Like

We reverted to old style Limerick hurling today. No control.

1 Like

The Sunday game literally just showed a shed of examples of our backs hitting long aimless ball under no pressure.

2 Likes

As I said our whole attack was built around Flanagan creating space for Gillane and Graeme by dragging the full back out or else using him as an outlet for long diagonal balls with him finding hayes or Hegarty running from deep. Shifting him into corner and having Dowling full forward basically takes these two options away. Dowling is arguably our best forward but him and Flanagan in the same full forward line doesnā€™t work in my opinion in this system. Itā€™s one or the other. I think Flanagan gave an outstanding display v cork and deserves to go back to 14. Itā€™s a difficult one to weight up though as Dowling offers a lot and is normally very good on the frees.

Limerick hurling has some of the thickest bastards folliwing it and discussing it on social media so it does.

1 Like

Taking Mul off was a big error. He was ideal for a 2 man forward line where mobility would have been a big asset. Not that it would have mattered as passing Bunratty must a been a sign to the players that they were on their way to Kilkee and played as if they were on holidays

Lynch > Kelly :rofl:

3 Likes

:smile:

None of our players were ā€œsuited to a two man full forward lineā€ when the rest of the team was langering high aimless ball onto the Clare extra man. They couldnā€™t even hit to space and make it a footrace. We completely lost the heads and reverted to fucking it up in air. In saying that, our half forward line mostly failed to operate and rarely offered an outlet.

2 Likes

Ideally we wouldnā€™t have been operating a 2 man full foward line but taking off the lad that can run was a shite decision . All your other points are well made.

Hegarty was dreadful today. I canā€™t believe he was left on the field as long as he was.

We were destroyed in midfield. Lynch and Oā€™Donovan were ruined. Galvin put on a show

2 Likes