Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

You should rebrand as @Countyourtoes.

3 Likes

One thing that struck me yesterday about Limerick was how they seemed to, whether by instruction or otherwise, be determined to play diagonal balls into the corners at every opportunity.

At a few stages, particularly in the first half, both Kyle Hayes and Cian Lynch managed to break through the clutter of midfield but instead of running into the wide open expanse in front of them, they played a fairly aimless ball across into the corner. Maybe it was tiredness but it made our attacks very predictable.

Dowling won his fair share of ball against his man but he was winning it out in the fecking corner of the field.

1 Like

How the team react in the next couple of games is crucial,Clare similarly with a young panel were beaten 23pts to 15 by Cork in the Munster Semi final and showed how a team can respond properly.Im not expecting us to go and win the AI but getting to Croke park into an AI semi should be the target for the experience now,everything from here on in is bonus territory.

We were very flat and leggy looking yesterday. We lack a bit of speed and height in our full back line. Casey, English and Finn are probably as small a full back line as you get in the Leinster or Munster championship. Teams will look to catch us out with direct ball. I donā€™t think the half back line was too bad but midfield hadnā€™t the tempo or energy of previous weeks. Tom M was good but Hego and Kyle struggled. Kyles goal effort when an easy point was on offer was when I just knew it wasnā€™t to be our day.

Iā€™m not sure how we solve the full back line. Richie Mc done well but English is a 3 and Casey is a 3 too. The balance isnā€™t right.

Our forward shape has gone backwards. With Dowling at 14 weā€™ve moved away from the passing game and space creation that served us so well throughout the year. Dowling tried his heart out but too often he was on the side line trying gather possession when their was little or no space. Flanagan basically didnā€™t puck a ball and his touch was miles off. He is a 14 and hes being moved to the corner and it simply doesnā€™t work. We canā€™t play the two lads in the same full forward line. Dowling was making runs across his own players time after time and ensured even when limerick gathered possession there was plenty of clare lads to close us down.

Iā€™d go Casey, Flanagan and Gillane the next day. I wouldnā€™t make many other changes. Iā€™m not sure on the full back line. Condon isnā€™t the answer anyway. Maybe try Hickey, Richie English and Finn or something. We are very tight on backs. Whoā€™ll replace Condon possibly Paddy O Loughlin? I hope Finns injury isnā€™t serious. Clare forwards wouldnā€™t be anywhere near as physical as galway or kilkenny and Iā€™d be very worried going forward about this line.

Condonā€™s sending off was just stupid and we were blessed the ref sent Reidy off for no reason. That is the second time weā€™ve been down to 14 in the opening half and in both games we didnā€™t win.

I came in here hoping to see at least 1 of ye cunts condemning the disgraceful actions of your players in the 2 sending off incidents but not one of ye cunts have done it. ā€œTirednessā€, ā€œbad day on the touchlineā€, ā€œshur a defeat is brilliant for usā€, etc is the mantra. No mention of that filthy stroke into the balls or a dive that was as bad a thing as Iā€™ve seen on a GAA pitch. If you saw that in the soccer yeā€™d be frothing from the mouth about how much manlier ye are down there. Itā€™s no wonder ye are a rugby county with that carry on. Sporting Limerick my arse. Wankers.

11 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

For me, the glaring problem, other than the disintegration of organisation, was that the clare forwards destroyed the Limerick backs one on one. Limerick looked a yard a man short on pace at the back.
Clare were absolutely fantastic though, and could do that to most teams when playing like that. Iā€™m glad to see them back tbh. A nice clean skilful side, but tough when needed. They were great to watch in full flow as a neutral.

Arseholes to a man

1 Like

We are the people.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s he expecting on social media ? :rofl:

Iā€™m sure we will hear of a death threat sent to one of the players by weekā€™s end.

Condonā€™s strike was disgusting and totally fucking retarded. Heā€™ll never play for Limerick again iā€™d imagine.

Byrnes was winded. You can say he went down easy from you tv shot taken from above the goals - but the tv evidence also shows he was hit while looking the other way. Maybe he should have just taken a knee when winded and that would have appeased everyone? But thereā€™s no excuse for Condon. It was disgusting.

Shur look it, nobody wants anybody lynched, we all do silly things in the heat of the moment. The 2 lads have to get up for college in the morning and Iā€™m sure they regret their actions. Itā€™s the sweeping under the carpet of the incidents by the usual suspects that really grinds my gears. @glasagusbanā€™s reaction to the incident was particularly galling and he should apologise to David Reidy in person for his disgusting attack on his character.

At least youā€™re man enough to step up and take it on the chin, kid. Moving to Cork has clearly given you a new sense of perspective which can only be healthy.

2 Likes

Reidy was blackguarded.

It will be over turned hopefully and heā€™ll get his day out in the Munster Final.

1 Like

Limerick were blessed the ref sent him off or it would have been an almighty hammering. He will surely get off.

It doesnā€™t. Come on - weā€™re all really great mates on here. But enough with this guff. Taking a still shot from before he ran into Reidy and arguing that Reidy hit him is plain childish. You should apologise to the forum.

3 Likes

Ban the little lying cunt Bandage.

I didnt spot it until last night myself mate when the Sunday game properly slowed it down and showed it. He was clearly looking the other way, even his body is twisted to the left ā€” Iā€™m just pulling up lads who said Byrnes tried to blindside himā€¦ That still shot was taken less than half a second before Reidy hit into him. Itā€™s clear Reidy new Byrnes was coming his way and stood his ground and most likely winded him. Iā€™m not for a second saying it was anything dirty from the Clare man or that he deserved a card, that happens all the time, but saying Byrnes tried to hit him and then jumped on the ground is blatant misrepresentation of the factsā€¦Perhaps Byrnes could have just taken a knee instead. But letā€™s not make out he tried to do the Clare man either. I see Michael Duignan was arguing on twitter about it with some fella as well but only half bit

I assumed Reidy was sent off because he attempted to jab Condon in the chest with the bas while Condon was going to hit him in the goolies. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever though what Byrnes was playing at.