Limerick GAA - All-Ireland senior hurling champions 2018

Yeah I thought hickey was made for yesterday, especially one it went 14 vs 14. He brings savage energy and could have given a better link between the backs and midfield, maybe freeing up one of them to do something other than pump aimless balls inside to our outnumbered forwards.

Bullet points?

11 Likes

.The team played shit
.The management were shit.
.Cusack park is shit.

4 Likes

P.P.S
Iā€™d like to see it again, but I was behind the goals and I thought Dowlings first missed free was actually over the bar, and that was the consensus of all around us including Clare lads. If he hadnā€™t hit the fucking thing so high the umpire might have seen it.

1 Like

Cusack Park is some dump. Crammed in like sardines in the terrace. Hadnā€™t an inch of room. Bad enough to be well beaten but being in that fucking hole just added to the angst and hangover.

The terrace is a young mans game.

Sure didnā€™t ye win the battle for under the scoreboards? Wasnā€™t that a prize in itself??

1 Like

He has a weird thing with hammering the ball out of stadia.

No but thanks for the ready made excuse.I might get an U12 to use it the next day.

If you watch the replay the umpire goes to reach for the flag until the Clare goalie starts roaring at him and he hesitates then stands up like a fool.

Could you tell if it was over or not? That poor umpire got dogs abuse after that for about 20 minutes.

Exactly this. Utter bollox. And thatā€™s with two free men at the back. Outrageous. Mids and half forwards didnā€™t give them much of an option in fairness. It was atrocious play.

Youā€™ve fools on here then blaming the full forward line, you couldnā€™t make it up.

Looked wide on the Telly.

He has a young fella out the back gathering up sliothars for him and they split the proceeds

Snack boxes donā€™t come cheap you knowā€¦

No you couldnā€™t tell definitively. Everyone in the crowd near me thought it was over. If you watch it back, the umpire clearly thought it was over.

The sideline against Byrnes on the short puck out was categorically not over the line.

Fellas forget that these lads have to get up and unassumingly go the deli on a Monday morning like everyone else

3 Likes

we didnā€™t lose this one because of any amount of decisions.
Owens is a complete cumstain of a ref but he didnā€™t cost us this one.

the line lost us this one. A gale behind quaid and he has 2 spare men at the back and no one at all inside in the full forward line.

The 65 at end of first half was never a 65 eitherā€¦ first off, Colon rugby tackled him but the ball never crossed the lineā€¦ you couldnt make it up.

But you have to deal with that stuff and move on.