Limerick v Clare 2022 Munster final

I’ve been saying it for a long long time pal. I think it might be too late though. He’s got that much smoke up his hole at this stage, no amount of kicking could fix it I fear.

He took a knock around the 28/29th minute and just stopped after that.

That is a joke then also.
He should have been called to be subbed and/or the management should have hooked him :rage:

Fuck off with your knocks his over rated

You can see why Kiely likes Hegarty so much. Nowhere near Lynch’s talent but a nightmare to play against just because he works his socks off. The thing is Hegarty won’t ever be a natural scoretaker, he’ll be there to stop opposition half-backs playing, win ball and turn ball over.

Lynch still scored more points from play than anyone else for us (only 2), he could be a huge asset.

Lynnch did a lot of work all over the field to be fair @ChocolateMice

Not half enough work Joe. I see where Kilkenny’s Eoin Larkin had a nice cut off of him and a few more there today on Pundit Arena

Limerick manager John Kiely admits Clare were ‘marginally better’ on the day

Ouch!

He’s not wrong.

That’s why it hurts

Quit telling it like it is Eoin.

Larkin is spot on though. We need to stop blaming every single management team and look closely as to why we are failing at Senior Level.

Like, take Clare’s opening goal for example. About 6 errors of ours caused that goal.

1. Kyle Hayes fumbled the ball twice and then threw a very loose handpass to Dan Morrissey
  2. Dan Morrissey waits for the loose hanging hand pass instead of pouncing on it, leaving Conlon a chance to flick it around him and gather possession
  3. Shane Dowling, having done well to actually get into position to track back and defend, seems happy just to have done that and fails to slow up or get any bit of a hindrance in on Conlon.
  4. Richie McCarthy fails miserably to protect his keeper by allowing the Clare forward to hamper Quaid’s view/catch. A simple quick push/nudge off the ball just as it was struck would have been enough.
  5. Nicky Quaid fails to deal with the danger properly. He should have came out and fucking gone through Richie and Shanagher and crease both of the fuckers once that ball is dropping in on him and they are in his way.
  6. Mike Casey allows Shane O’Donnell to drift away from him as the ball is dropping in because he expects Nicky to catch the ball safely and begins to make himself available for the pass. Either that or he simply doesn’t anticipate the danger of the ball breaking. Either way, he should be goal side of the forward blocking off his run in.

Any one of those mistakes prevented and that goal is not scored. Now, people talk all the time about getting the little things right and most people don’t know what the fuck that means. In that one goal, everything that is wrong with Limerick is summed up. Too fucking casual, nowhere near ruthless enough, nowhere near clued in enough. Kilkenny are the barometer for years simply because somewhere along the line one of those mistakes is cut out. Ultimately I blame Richie, Nicky and Casey for that goal. Mike Casey, and all our defenders, need a fucking crash course in anticipating danger. If he blocks off O’Donnells attempted run in there, by just being a proper fucking horrible corner back and stepping across him before the ball ever lands, no goal is scored.

We need to wake up to this kind of shit. We are obsessed with finding a ‘big solution’ as to why we are not winning at Senior…puckouts, half forward line, half back line, ball winning forwards, mobility etc etc and to be honest a lot of it is bollox. It’s goals like the one i’ve just described and 10 other such examples that end up in other scores that are killing Limerick, nothing else. Pure fucking carelessness, lack of ruthlessness, not being clued in fully. Fix those little things and you’ve a chance.

16 Likes

Top Top Posting

1 Like

Deserves an extra top - Top, top, top posting –

cc @nicefuckinlad

He aint wrong but if I may your honor for the defense.

• We are year 1 into this and unfortunately we have a management team that was put together arse about face. The appointment of O’Connor and Kinnerk was made before Kiely was appointed, WTF was that about.

• A couple of the young lads including Hayes performed well. Browne had his first game in ages. Hannon came though and did OK however I would hold off judgement as Clare don’t play a traditional centre forward and I’d suggest a match v Bonnar Maher would be a real test for Deccie.

• We have seen the decline of some players and in fairness to them they had to be given the chance to prove themselves.

• The team played with no confidence. A win in the qualifiers against a half decent team might help but we have a shocking record in the qualifiers.

I’d suggest that the real test for John Kiely is now. Examine whether the training is up to scratch or not. If not say goodbye to the coaches and get his choice in.

https://youtu.be/otimOvm-pTg

For anyone interested in that type of thing.

It’s more of a case of Casey getting caught ball watching actually, he loses where O’Donnell is behind him and the ball breaks beautifully for the onrushing O’Donnell. Again, blocking his run when Conlon hit the fucking thing in would have seen O’Donnell not even make it inside the 21, look where he and Casey are when it’s struck in. I suppose that’s the definition of being ‘green’ maybe…but we must learn from those types of things or else it’s no good.

Good movement by the Clare forwards too though it must be said, but so so avoidable. Not to mention the other goals, christ above…

Are limerick any better this year clare are not @ChocolateMice @Breaking_my_balls

In all seriousness Joe, I think we genuinely are making slow slow progress, painfully fucking slow. However, if that game is really closely analysed and the players are made aware of the shortcomings that caused the defeat, the correct changes are made etc. then I don’t see why we can’t progress further this year. First things first, teach the fucking backs how to defend properly. Far too nice.

1 Like