Limerick v Cork, tits done now

I am hearing from my Cork Pretend Buddies that Alan Cadogan might be back. Are they taking the piss?

To fullforward.

Paud O’Dwyer confirmed as referee. Owens gets Galway v Clare.

Flanagan wears 14 but he isn’t a full forward. He spends almost no time in front of the square. I’d say out of Mul and Gillane he spends the least time inside

we’re bate. the cunt hates Limerick.

Yes but that’s due to Flanagan having ability to 50 yards bringing the full back line creating space inside for the lads. Some you @glasagusban and @Esso_Oil seem completely oblivious to. Glas things that Flanagan and Dowling can fulfill the same role. God help us if we ask Dowling to keep running 50 yard sprints onto the touch line trying to win high balls.

And with all this space we still score mostly from 50- plus yards out. Its the hurling equivalent to a lap-dance. Fuckin great to look at but there is no end result.

The whole point of flangan at 14 is he has the legs to make these sprints and get back in position while also having the ability to win the high ball on the run, turn and find the runners coming from deep. He creates oceans of space for the forwards around him by simply working really hard and occupying the full back too. No team wants their fullback dragged out of position. WHen flanagan dragged paudie walsh all over the half we managed to create 5 goal scoring chances. For example where was flanagan when hego burst through? out the far side of the field with his man leaving loads of room for hego to run into. This is what flanagan is brilliant at and gets zero credit for.

We scored 24 points from play.

Mostly from 50 yards out with all that space if front of goals .WTF

could he not do the same from 13 or 15? it’s just a number on the backs for the inside line.

if you had Flanagan, Dowling, Casey would it not be the same as Flanagan, Mul, Gillane for example.

Flanagan out bringing a man for the walk and two inside to catch the ball?

Not with dowling imo at 14. It didn’t work at all v clare.

Did we create 5 goal chances? Didn’t think so. We left three behind us though. All well and good “creating chances” but you have to score some of them. I’ve said a lot of times this year our shot conversion rate needs to improve as we leave so many scores behind us. We did improve on our wide count against kk though (I think).

1 Like

You seem to be taking it badly that limerick won after you predicted a loss.

Gillane by two, flanagan by two and hegos. Graeme Mul also had one but tapped it over.

In that case it’s criminal we didn’t score one.

I’ve noticed Flanagan has a tendency to control the ball on the hurl rather than catch it straight.

but Flanagan doesn’t play at 14. He wears the number that’s all.

Against Clare Shane stayed inside with Mul and Flanagan was out roaming the field, making the same runs as he always does. Dowling stayed inside.

Up until the sending off we were 2 points down and had missed handy scores.

After the sending off until half time we played with Dowling and Mul inside, Hegarty dropped to wing back and Flanagan to wing forward.

In the second half after Mul was hooked we had Dowling and Flanagan as inside forwards with a spare man in the full back line. No one was making runs out as there was no space to run into. Clare effectively had 2 spare men in the backs.

1 Like

What did you think of GearĂłid Hegartys goal v Waterford??

Not taking it badly at all kid I was over the moon walking out off the field Sunday afternoon. However I am not blinded by the result. We should have beaten that Kilkenny team by 10. We left 4 goals behind us. Left Richie Hogan cause mayhem for the first 15 min without reacting and also handed them about 5 points with poor control from short puck-outs. And still with 5 mins to go we left them back into it. This team is on the up however the match Sunday was like two slow greyhounds running neck and neck all the way around the track. Exciting yes. Quality relatively poor