Limerick V Tipp Build Up Thread

Meath football and Tipp hurling folk have a lo tin common.

I saw those Meath animals on the TV yesterady in the terrace trying to face off with Mayo fans. They made make my blood boil.

Can’t wait to batter the Tipp crowd next sunday though.

[quote=“The Runt”]I saw those Meath animals on the TV yesterady in the terrace trying to face off with Mayo fans. They made make my blood boil.

Can’t wait to batter the Tipp crowd next sunday though.[/quote]

Ah those Meath shower are just dubs who went native, a far worse animal than the regular urbanite.

I believe limerick will win on sunday regardless of the weather. The spine of their team is very strong and from 1-9 they are as good as anyone. everyone would agree that hickey would be far more effective out midfield but his presense in the half back line gives much needed pace.

Tipp are one and possibly two years away from being serious all ireland contenders. the reason they lapse in games is due to inexperience and lack of strong leaders out the field. Almost one third of their team is U21 and the first couple of subs they tend to bring on such as brendan maher and bourke are U21 aswell.

Limerick forwards are quite effective. Puadie mac looks like a very good find at fullfoward. paul curran is struggling badly for form this year and aisike gave him plenty of it in thurles. the move of breen to centre forward also looks a good move as he has plenty of mobility and so can be effective in the air and on the ground.

Limerick were in an all ireland final only two years ago and were only beaten by 2 goals. i think that they will win 3-4 pts

A big worry for us Limerick fans is the fact that Damien Reale is struggling badly with a chest infection and is very doubtful to start on Sunday. He will be a huge loss to Limerick, because even though he hasn’t been hurling to his very best this year he is still a great presence in the full back linem, an area where we will need to be at the very top of our game to win on Sunday.

he would be a massive loss. easily one of the best corner backs i have seen. your main problem is that you dont have any cover in this position. i suppose dinny moloney would get the nod here.

He a perfect corner back alright, always rated him highly since his U-21 days. Huge loss.

I feel there is a very soft core to this Tipp team, would not be surprised if Limerick do it.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]He a perfect corner back alright, always rated him highly since his U-21 days. Huge loss.

I feel there is a very soft core to this Tipp team, would not be surprised if Limerick do it.[/quote]

Could everybody (especially non limerick people) please stop saying they think Limerick could do it? We will be lucky to keep the ball pucked out to Tipp. We are 3/1 outsiders and rightly so.

Dead right. How are we supposed to pull off a big shock if everyone believes we can beat the reigning Munster champions? We don’t have a hope against Tipp and the fact we are 3/1 in grossly exagerating our chances.

Exactly!! Keep it negative for the love of god…

Sorry lads.

Limerick are fooking useless, Tipp will destroy them with a beautiful slick brand of youthful hurling.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Sorry lads.

Limerick are fooking useless, Tipp will destroy them with a beautiful slick brand of youthful hurling.[/quote]

:thumbsup:

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Sorry lads.

Limerick are fooking useless, Tipp will destroy them with a beautiful slick brand of youthful hurling.[/quote]

Fook you Caoimhaoin. Nobody ever gives us any credit. Granted we’re not pretty hurlers but we will give it a right good go on Sunday.

the important thing is that the limerick hurlers dont spare the timber for 70 minutes, that is all we and most hurling people in the country expect.
a win would be a nice unexpected bonus but thats all it would be.

Does Dinny Moloney work in Heiton/Buckley’s on the ballysimon road?

I don’t think so, i often call into Heiton/Buckley’s for manly things but i’ve never seen him there…

Do they sell those GPS car navigation things out there Dunph?

Don’t know CM, a man like me has no need for car navigations systems…

What kind of attendance will be there sunday, 50,000?

50,000 from Limerick. 500 from Tipperary. The rest of them will be left dead outside the big tree.