List of sporting fixtures that have been postponed this weekend

The Premium Limousin Bull show and sale in Roscrea is OFF today.

2 Likes

Aka the loverly girls competition

1 Like

As expected it was unecessary to cancel most events.

What a snowflake of a country we have become

1 Like

Ballincollig accessible & open for business?

Pretty much from what I can see. Not been in the village today

Incredible scenes. The poster who only two weeks ago was losing his rag at matches not being called off early in the week has now lost the plot over sporting organisations making the eminently sensible and blatantly obvious decision to call matches off early in the week.

It’s fascinating but also very sad to watch his very public mental breakdown.

6 Likes

Yes. These are exactly the same thing

:rollseyes:

Em, you were moaning that matches two weeks ago which were called off that morning should have been called off earlier in the week. Why on earth would anybody have done that when they thought there was a chance that conditions would be playable? Now, I know all our concentration spans have declined in this INTERNET era, but I’m pretty sure I remember that weather conditions up and down the country two weeks ago were bad, but not nearly as bad as they are now. Nevertheless in several cases they still necessitated a postponement, and the nature of most such decisions is that they have to be taken late on, because referees and groundstaff cannot know for sure what the weather and pitch conditions will be until late on.

Now this weekend, we had a situation where it was obvious to the rats running through the sewers days in advance that there would be no chance whatsoever of any sporting fixtures going ahead. Sporting organisations took the obvious and eminently sensible early decision to postpone these fixtures - for the safety of everybody involved - players and spectators.

Now, for reasons only known to yourself, you’re up in arms because of that eminently sensible decision and ranting that it demonstrates that “we have become a nation of snowflakes”.

Stupidity doesn’t begin to explain it.

Tell me how many sporting fixtures went ahead during the big freezes of 1947, 1963 and 1982 while you’re at it there, seeing as you’re under the very strange impression that postponing sporting fixtures is a new thing.

Another irony about all this is that the poster who constantly rails against what he perceives as the overworking of players, leading to injury, ie. you, is the very same poster who wants players and the general public to stupidly and unnecessarily put their physical safety at risk.

5 Likes

Fella.

One was a case of a game called off too late.

The other is a whole weekend of games called off too soon in a reaction to other sports doing same.

Now one may have been influence ton in the other. But they are not the same thing.

This is very logical and simple.

Nearly every Parkrun in Oireland was cancelled today. It’s the usual oirish thing. Overreaction and drama. We ran through the snow in Bushy Parkrun this morning. Oireland is gone savage soft.

1 Like

:laughing:

You’re some dope.

You don’t appear to understand that sporting organisations cannot predict the weather and late postponements are often necessary. I won’t bother explaining this bit to you.

You also don’t appear to give a fuck about the safety of players by demanding they play in unsafe conditions.

Again:

So two weeks ago, it was a case of “make a decision and go with it”, “they had warning this was coming with a week”, ie. you think it would have been sensible to postpone a game a week in advance when there was a good chance pitches might have been playable.

Now your view is that “they should have waited until the last minute” to decide whether or not to play matches in utterly dangerous and unplayable conditions, which were actually well flagged by the Met Office a week in advance and had been obvious to the human eye all over the country since Wednesday.

The country is covered in snow and has been for three days (there’s still a foot of it where I am) there was a code red weather warning for 41 hours up to 9am this morning, and you think
i) it’s the opposite of logical and simple to make an early decision to postpone sporting fixtures in such conditions and
ii) the calling off of sporting fixtures is the result of some sort of weird conspiracy among different sporting organisations.

Again, stupidity doesn’t begin to explain all this.

You’re a paranoid fantasist.

I’d wager you genuinely believe “health and safety” is some sort of communist conspiracy to advance a “PC agenda”, whatever that is.

4 Likes

@Sidney at his best here

3 Likes

Ya. Acting mentally unwell and wasting untold time on trying to win a point in a forum.

he needs medical help

He’s destroyed you here

10 Likes

If ever there was a case of projection…

It’s fascinating to observe.

He didn’t. He tried to use 2 separate decisions, both questionable as a way of showing a contradiction.

They are both poor and rushed decisions.

The issue is with willy nilly decision making

1 Like

Agreed

Eh, you were complaining that the decision over the Monaghan-Kerry match was made too late. Now you say it was “rushed”. :laughing:

The problem is you’re a stupid, paranoid, deluded cunt who can’t understand the most basic things, like why and when matches should be called off.

You’d be far better off if you went out and used your spade to remove some snow from outside wherever you live, rather than digging a hole to Australia on here.

1 Like

psycho

The lack of undersoil heating in GAA grounds exposed again.

1 Like