Liverpool FC 2021/22

Frightening.

We saw Torres with him as he was nearing the end and it was goodā€¦

Henchoz was very underrated also. Some man to throw himself in front of a shot

A great man to disguise a handball. The 2001 FA Cup Final was a masterclass.

1 Like

I was too traumatised by the 1987 Milk Cup semi final to tune in for the final.

Play the whistle

He was literally the head Henchoz of centre backs.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say a few of the Anfield Wrap crew were added to the Ratoath WhatsApp group

2 Likes

Not sure about the balance. Prime Suarez or Barnes ahead of Rush if youā€™re playing 4-3-3.

I think Iā€™d go

Suarez - Rush - Salahā€¦

Rush was some man to defend from the front.

Suarez has to go inā€¦
Mo tooā€¦

Youā€™re looking at one of Rush - Fowler - Torres to join them.

Rush has the best work ethic but maybe not the technique to drop in as a ten. Dalglish might be the man, flanked by Suarez and Mo.

Youā€™re right, Rush would be closer to the goalsā€¦ I originally went Suarez, Torres, Moā€¦ Gerrard in behind with Hamann and Fabinho behind him holding the fort.

Allison
Trent
Sami
VVD
Robbo
Fab
Didi
Gerrard
Suarez
Torres
Salah.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Imagine it

Alisson
TAA, Sami, VVD, Robbo
Xabi, Fab
Stevie
Mo, Luis, King Kenny

Didi ahead of Xabi, controversial

1 Like

In my time supporting Iā€™d opt for the following team in a 4-3-3 formation:

Alisson, Trent, Van Dijk, Hyypia, Robertson, Fabinho, Gerrard (C), Alonso, Suarez, Torres, Salah.

Subs: Reina, Carragher, Mascherano, Coutinho, Mane

I feel bad leaving cult heroes like Riise and Kuyt out of the match day squad. Michael Owen could have been in contention for a bench role but dirtied his bib and comes across as a bit of a simpleton these days.

2 Likes

Iā€™d find some way of getting Digger Barnes in

1 Like

Toss of a coin but I think as two holding midfielders to protect the back 4 and move it forward when needs be - Hamann and Fabinho are my guys.

EPL Barnes and Rush were probably just passed their best ā€¦ Barnes 88-90 was pure majestic

Who would ye say was better: Dalglish or Rush? Dalglish is generally rated up there with Gerrard as the greatest player in the clubs history but Rush had a sensational goal scoring record. They must have been some combo working in tandem.