Liverpool Football Club 2013/14

Educate yourself

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1675378-breaking-down-liverpools-finances-and-how-big-their-debt-is

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1980465-liverpool-future-looks-bright-as-2013-accounts-show-continued-growth

[quote=“artfoley, post: 911983, member: 179”]Educate yourself

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1675378-breaking-down-liverpools-finances-and-how-big-their-debt-is

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1980465-liverpool-future-looks-bright-as-2013-accounts-show-continued-growth[/quote]

Bleacher report ffs:D

I’m not even going to click on that nonsense.

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 911984, member: 1074”]Bleacher report ffs:D

I’m not even going to click on that nonsense.[/quote]

i picked the site that would lay it out in simplest terms for you

That might work for simpletons like yourself but you are going to have to try harder and give me a credible site.

The Bleacher Report are a laughing stock amongst American sports fans. I can only imagine the shite the fans masquerading as journalists are churning out over there now they’ve decided to stick their toes into the English soccer scene.

Still, if you think having £114 million worth of net debt is a good thing, you’re exactly their target market.

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 911986, member: 1074”]That might work for simpletons like yourself but you are going to have to try harder and give me a credible site.

The Bleacher Report are a laughing stock amongst American sports fans. I can only imagine the shite the fans masquerading as journalists are churning out over there now they’ve decided to stick their toes into the English soccer scene.

Still, if you think having £114 million worth of net debt is a good thing, you’re exactly their target market.[/quote]

i see even the bleacher report has gone over your head.

I told you I didn’t click on it you fuckwit.

temper temper.

having a large debt is not a great thing at all, but given the parlous state of our finances left by waldorf and statler the amount of debt that has been wiped out and the increase of the income coming in without CL football is nothing short of astounding

[quote=“artfoley, post: 911999, member: 179”]temper temper.

having a large debt is not a great thing at all, but given the parlous state of our finances left by waldorf and statler the amount of debt that has been wiped out and the increase of the income coming in without CL football is nothing short of astounding[/quote]

They’re not a great set of figures at all Art, and no amount of soft loans from the Americans can disguise that. LFC don’t have a billionaire ready to write it all off like Man City or Chelsea do. The team’s position in the league is keeping the fans happy, but I’d be worried about the long term sustainability of the club if I was a fan.

The debt from Hicks and Gillette has been reduced, wages reduced (pay much lesser than city, utd, arsenal, Chelsea) have signed lots of new deals that have yet to kick in and hopefully CL money next year. The worry is a new stadium…

Outstanding financial results.

The forum’s foremost authority on domestic and international finance has spoken. I think we can disregard anything anyone else says about the matter

Outstanding post.

Very good article on Gerrard from Ken Early - http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/13/steven-gerrard-liverpool

It’s a decent read alright. I think he’s reading a bit too much into quotes form an autobiography and also into the types of persona that Keane and Gerrard developed off the field which isn’t really relevant. Comparing Gerrard’s and Keane’s physical strength on their debut isn’t particularly instructive or fair either - it ties into the point about size and Makelele but you can’t completely discount the fact Gerrard had plenty of filling out to do when he made his debut, and he wouldn’t be the first teenager to require a bit of physical development before he was comfortable at the top level.

The references to his best position and style of play are well constructed though. It’s almost like an insult to consider him anything other than a central midfielder, despite the fact he’s better in a different role. Zidane’s comments read ridiculous. He hasn’t spoken much sense apart from when he named Moravcik as his best opponent.

good article

I remember Gerrard being described by a player as “relentless” which I think summed him up.

another good article here from few years ago which touches on some of the same issues - where was his best position

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jonathan_wilson/09/06/gerrard.position/

“there’s the nagging sense that wherever Gerrard plays he’d always be slightly better elsewhere, mainly because he remains a square peg and tactical changes in the game have left only round holes. Gerrard has had a great career, but it might have been even greater if only he’d been born 20 years earlier.”

I thought that was a really excellent article.

I recall a shaven headed scally Stevie launching into a challenge on Keane in one of his first Liverpool matches and then squaring up to him. Him only a buck of a gasún.

Get in the fuck!!!

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 916183, member: 24”]I thought that was a really excellent article.

I recall a shaven headed scally Stevie launching into a challenge on Keane in one of his first Liverpool matches and then squaring up to him. Him only a buck of a gasún.

Get in the fuck!!![/quote]

Scally? You’re proper scouse.

And youre a proper cunt now GTFO

[ATTACH=full]1095[/ATTACH]
Liverpool squad out celebrating Joe Allen’s birthday, a great bunch of lads

What was so great about todays win was we never got out of second gear and should have won by more. The latter point has me a little miffed, i really wanted to bury those badtards in their own backyard and 3 was a bad return considering how much we dominated by. If they really wanna win the league they have to be more ruthless against the lesser teams.