Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

The Prime Minister is Fighting for his life and all you are worrying about is PR spin for your favourite English soccer club. How crass.

1 Like

Can you imagine there were a few people out there who actually thought it was about the money?

Matt Busby

1 Like

shamed into it

Is it Busby?

Liverpool are less than ten years away from having the receivers in. A brave step to turn down UK Govt grant money.

At least that Irish club Glasgow Celtic have kept true to their principles

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-place-staff-furlough-hoops-21793486.amp

Celtic have confirmed they will place a number of their non-playing staff on furlough but promised to ensure they receive 100 per cent of their wages.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon warned that players and workers may have to take wage cuts or deferrals in the coming days and weeks due to the ongoing coronavirus epidimec.

And Celtic have now confirmed they will use the government scheme available to pay up to 80 per cent of wages and vowed to continue paying the extra 20 per cent to ensure all staff retain their full wages.

Shameful

+1

The silence from the IRA barstoolers is deafening

1 Like

I see online that there is significant backlash from Celtic fans, just as there was from Liverpool fans a few days ago.

I await the results of the IFSC Brigade EGM before passing judgement. Has anybody tagged @Bandage yet?

1 Like

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy, while a Celtic supporter, was always a vocal critic of the Lawwell regime and now has more ammunition to go on the attack

@Bandage

Lawwell is a scumbag and would do anything to line his own pockets. He will be going to hell when he passes.

4 Likes

Fair play to you mate; not like some around here who blindly follow the thought process and decisions made by the executive of the club they follow

2 Likes

Not much by way of an independent thought process going on here.

I’m touching my phone screen in a personal capacity, as the IFSC brigade has yet to meet due to current logistical difficulties. But I unequivocally condemn Celtic using this scheme. I think it’s in the wrong spirit and should be used by small operations to protect jobs rather than football clubs who are earning £mn to protect margins. I’m disgusted. In protest I’m not going to follow the club for the next month starting from today.

1 Like

Lawwell actually earned £4m last year from Celtic. The highest paid employee at the football club and one of the key men in holding back and downsizing the club.

He is a vile, reprehensible man and the absolute epitome of corporate greed. If you know your history…

Liewell OUT.

2 Likes

I presume the owners pay him well to carry out their wishes, to downsize the club.

Pressure of competing with financial dopers resulted in a hasty decision. Liverpool’s wonderful fans showing up once again.

2 Likes