Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

What’s this?

Love it

It’s the assumption that all black men have big penises. People also assumed they were lazy and not intelligent once upon a time as well.

What’s this?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11843269/divock-origi-banner-merseyside-police-help-liverpool-identify-culprit-as-uefa-prepare-for-action

jaysus… Didn’t see the game the other night… Is it not a play on his first name? Tho it’s incredibly stupid and we all know of the well used meme that does the rounds… I’m gonna say it’s racist but not sure if the person involved was meaning to be a racist. It’s a complex world we live in.

Jaysus , thats a stretch in my opinion to be pulling the racist card. It’s unequivocally offensive but jaysus its just a picture of a Divock.

Realistically its more of an issue in Gender Balance as to why there wasn’t an equally distasteful sketch of a Female with exaggerated bits on show also.

always the victim, never their fault

2 Likes

I’m gonna go with unconscious racism here ---- it’s a play on his first name I think but i’ve no idea what the chap intended— but the over all image does fit the mold of racist - but it’s very possible to display something that’s racist without intending to be racist … instead of looking to score points and stick the boot into the fan / club / sport — it’s a great opportunity to educate. But that’s not how the world works.

We need our pound of flesh and we need it now.

Having actually read the article above now also it reports Liverpool are the only ones calling it out as racism - UEFA FARE group have not yet decided whether it fits the merely offensive or Racist category . The sanction would obviously differ greatly between the former & latter.

Bit of a Knee jerk from LFC - they have confirmed however that all black lads have big mickeys and this constitutes a racial stereo type. I find it really odd that the LFC PR machine took that route by calling out their interpretation I think their being a bit racist!!!

My train of thought is wandering now and I find myself deeply disgusted and marginalized by the title of the movie “White Men Can’t Jump”.

why would someone feel the need to put a sign with any sized/coloured penis on it at a soccer match?

That blokes a wrong 'un

1 Like

Why do you feel the need to dig in here just because you support Liverpool? The banner is racist but that doesnt mean the fan was necessarily trying to be racist. A whole load of nothing really…

Bizarre really

It was an attempt at BANTER

Being a Liverpool Supporter is just coincidental but I wouldn’t have come across it if I hadn’t been following the Game/Team.
The whole extreme PC thing bemuses me and this particular incident is real cracking a nut with a sledgehammer type stuff

If you tolerate this then your children will be next.

1 Like

Ah lovely :clap:

Matip out for six weeks

Degsy v John McGinn next weekend

Oh fuck

He has to play Gomez now.

Oh he’ll play Gomez alright

Bring It On