Liverpool football Club 2019/20 - Champions

Disappointed that took me so long

17, Nunez and Carson.

A fluke suggests it’s a one off but you’ve just contradicted that by saying the Depor match was, and I quote, a ‘worse collapse’ which means you accept it was a collapse after all.

1 Like

i forgots about josemi

I was surprised that all the ones I put down were the ones. Thought I might need a few guesses. Likes of Mellor and Pongolle also played a part in getting them there but didn’t make the 18

Steven Warnock is still seething

" When I hear it described as being one of Liverpool’s greatest ever nights, it leaves a very sour taste. It still hurts now, actually - the way it was handled was absolutely shocking.

I was in the original squad when the team sheet up was put up at the training ground a few days before the game, and I was absolutely ecstatic.

Then a couple of hours later, I got a call from Rafa Benitez’s assistant, Pako Ayesteran, saying there had been a mistake. Josemi was in instead.

Even that was poor - the fact that Rafa did not have the bottle to ring me himself. He did speak to me briefly on the pitch after the game, but I was not in the mood at all, I was still seething.
had been the same during the game. Don’t get me wrong, it was never to the point where I wanted them to lose, because Liverpool were my club and they were my team-mates out there.

But it hurts when you are not involved and I was sitting there in the stands thinking about it the whole time. You almost switch off from what is happening in the game.

If you look at the celebrations afterwards, a lot of people are on all the different photos but I am nowhere to be seen. I couldn’t bring myself to stand there, it just did not feel right - you feel like you have been let down.

The worst thing was the flight home, though. They put the wives of those who had played on the plane, ahead of some players who had made key contributions in Europe that season, which was just shocking.

We got back to John Lennon Airport on a later flight to the team and, when we landed, the victory parade had already started. You could not get to the bus because of the crowds, so I just went home.

That was the moment I made my mind up that I had to leave the club"

He really showed Rafa up with his stellar career after leaving

It’s a shame Milan were so slow coming out for the second half, because that first half was one of the greatest spankings handed out over 45 minutes anywhere ever.

This was the pinnacle, utterly sublime.

Btw, that kit :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The red was striking

3 Likes

That dink :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Perfection.

You’d have to wonder why Chelsea had loaned out Crespo but still had Gudjohnson and Kezman in the squad.

Seriously underrated goal, between the pass and the effortless sublime finish, it was a hammer blow type goal, one full of swagger and confidence. That really should have sealed the win

Against any other team it would have.

Guys, it was a fluke.

As Maldini said, Milan dominated for 110 of the 120 minutes. Liverpool scored three goals in the match despite not having a clearcut chance.

It was a mad game.

A freak occurance

Thank God inzhagi made piss of the murderers next time

1 Like

I would put down as similar to Clare in '13 as one of those gigantic flukes. Where an ordinary side won it out.

Liverpool weren’t even the best side in Liverpool that year. Never mind Europe.

15 years later Liverpool FC still have lads hopping like sausages in a pan