Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

FFS… the removalof humour from this once great site continues

I worked with that guy before. He was fairly one dimensional. :smiley:

:lol: :smiley: :clap:

Mascherano looks like he’s on his way out. No harm - a very overrated player.

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has admitted his future is in doubt following the departure of Rafa Benitez from Anfield.

Benitez’s six-year spell on Merseyside came to an end on Thursday afternoon after a reported £6million severance package was agreed with the club’s board.

Now Argentina international Mascherano, who was strongly linked with a move to Barcelona last summer, admits he is unsure over his next move.

The combative midfielder, who was brought to Anfield from West Ham in January 2007, has seen discussions over a new deal stall with contract negotiations put on hold.

“Would I follow Benitez? I don’t know,” he said, with a shrug. "At the moment I really know little about my future.

“But of course with Benitez at Liverpool I experienced three incredible years. His football is my football.”

Inter
Mascherano believes the former Reds manager would be the ideal man to replace Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

Reports suggest Inter president Massimo Moratti is set to meet Benitez in Sardinia and a deal could be sealed in the next 48 hours.

It will be daunting to step into Mourinho’s shoes after the former Chelsea manager steered the Nerazzurri to the UEFA Champions League crown before leaving for Real Madrid, but Mascherano believes his former boss has the perfect credentials.

“Only Benitez could take the place of a coach like Mourinho,” said the Argentina international. "He is a great coach. He has charisma, personality, a winning mentality.

"Moreover, he will find himself brilliantly in Italy because of the tactical game. Rafa studies everything on the table and directs the team from the bench like an orchestra conductor.

“Inter have made a good choice. After Mourinho, he is the only man capable of continuing Inter’s winning run.”

Sven wants to be the next liverpool manager

Reports are that Liverpool want Harry Redknapp.

Would hate it if that dirty snake got the job.

Harry wouldn’t take the job unless there were huge amount of funds to buy players. Thats not the case at the moment. Heard someone mention Frank Rijkaard, mightn’t be a bad shout though Roy Hodgson seems to be the frontrunner for the time being. Sven getting the job would just be too funny for words :smiley:

Orrible arry atchet , and sven can fuck right off… and hodgson too… Cunts.

Fussy fucker aint you. Whats wrong with Hodgson? Who would you like to se take over?

I’m no expert on Italian football, maybe NCC or Bandage can clarify, but as far as I can remember he was shite with the one big club he had, Inter.

I just think he is average and is currently doing well with an average club… and only after one season remember.

I would like to see the dream team of Rush and Mcateer in charge

I wouldn’t have rated Hodgson very highly but he has done a fantastic job with Fulham.

I wonder if he would bring Duff with him to Anfield.

yeah- won nothig of note with inter- sold roberto carlos too

Hodgson has been with Fulham for since Dec 2007. He got them into the Europa league. Very harsh analysis of his time with Inter. They were shit before he arrived and he stabilised the club when they had very little money to spend. Got them to the UEFA cup final in 1997 too. I think he would be a very interesting choice, has decent contacts in Europe and might bring in some decent players fairly cheaply. If given time he might turn things around. Realisically there isn’t going to be that many big names interested in the job unless they get a big transfer fund to turn things around.

Don’t know if I posted this before but according to inside sources in Anfield, the club is about to be sold to one of two bidders, one of whom is the brother of the owner of Man City (and is apparently richer). The Yanks are holding out for ridiculous money but RBS have insisted that the club be sold which is taking it out of their hands to a certain extent. This explains Rafa’s surprise departure (all the sounds at the season end was that he was going to stay) and he also made reference to this when he was unveiled at Inter (something along the lines of ‘I wanted to stay but things had changed’). Both potential new owners wanted a clean slate. That is also why there has been no manager appointed yet as they are still battling out for ownership.

Could all be bullshit but they are the rumours doing the rounds.

Arent the oweners of City the Royal Family, ie the whole family? The brother would then be probably the same level of richness, but would they be allowed to own two Clubs seeing as the family are pretty much the one entity? Would be some coup for Liverpool but all these foreign owners would make it a little farcial you’d think.

Liverpool need to sign Marek Hamsik

Deschamps being linked today. Marseille president confirming that Liverpool approached him and ask for permission to speak to Didier. I think all this suggests that there is some takeover going on behind the scenes.

torres disgraced himself yesterday