Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

It’s clear you are hurting today but the truth can have that effect sometimes

Well, it’s done. The cunts it seems are gone… New American owners tho!! They are gonna have some job winning over the fans.

Liverpool Football Club today announces that the Board has agreed the sale of the Club to New England Sports Ventures (NESV).

New England Sports Ventures currently owns a portfolio of companies including the Boston Red Sox, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Roush Fenway Racing.

Martin Broughton, Liverpool FC Chairman, said:

"I am delighted that we have been able to successfully conclude the sale process which has been thorough and extensive. The Board decided to accept NESV’s proposal on the basis that it best met the criteria we set out originally for a suitable new owner. NESV’s philosophy is all about winning and they have fully demonstrated that at Red Sox.

"We’ve met them in Boston, London and Liverpool over several weeks and I am immensely impressed with what they have achieved and with their vision for Liverpool Football Club.

“By removing the burden of acquisition debt, this offer allows us to focus on investment in the team. I am only disappointed that the owners have tried everything to prevent the deal from happening and that we need to go through legal proceedings in order to complete the sale.”

Note to editors:

The sale is conditional on Premier League approval, resolution of the dispute concerning Board membership and other matters.

Click here to read the official LFC statement from October 5>>

Author: Liverpool Football Club
Tagged: Martin Broughton , New England Sports Ventures , george gillett , owners , ownership , sale , statement , tom hicks

it aint over yet. Also has due dilligence been done on these new fellas? What will happen with the 144m taken out as an intercompany loan? What are the new owners plans re the stadium? Seems a little rushed. If i were a pool fan i wouldn’t be getting excited yet.

Gobshites.

This isn’t good news either. Sure enough some of the debt will be cleared but this company had their own money problems in 2007. I can’t see much investment coming from this.

This is hilarious. Will Liverpool supporters abandon the ‘Yanks But No Yanks’ stance if these lads are rich enough?

Jesus, if due diligence hasn’t been carried out on the new owners then something is badly wrong. I am sure that plans with regard to new stadium will be announced.

I don’t think this deal was done in the last couple of days or anything. It probably has been going on for months and has been kept hush hush.

Flano’s picture displays the absolute lack of intelligence of some people - just because they are Yanks and the last ones were Yanks doesn’t mean to say they are going to be the same.

Liverpool were very close to going bust. On the face of it, wiping out the debt and getting rid of H&G, has to be good news considering the alternatives.

And what do you want exactly?

Hicks and Gillett to remain, the loan to be restructured (or maybe even adminstration)?

Hoping for a rich Sheik a la Man City is a pipe dream, most businesses have had problems over the last few years. It is rare to find one that hasn’t.

In the absense of other information, I am happy enough.

You can be sure that they will.

Long live NESV!

It will save a few quid on banners anyway if things go wrong… i’m pretty sure SOS still want a supporters run club but if the new investors back the club then yes, they will fall in line. It is an end to lies that they want… that and a few trillion.

Yanks but no Wanks will be the new rallying cry

The fact it is a rival american sport team owner buying the club will be a right suck into Gillet and Hicks.

Stability is the main thing Liverpool will get from this and while it would be nice to get a sheik into the bargain it’ll do for now. Some craic in the boardroom last night by all accounts.

Am I correct in saying that Hicks and Gillett are going to make a very handsome profit and return on their investment on this sale?

Did they not pay just 80 million for the club?

I think I read 140m somewhere this morning. How the fook could they justify putting it up for sale for 600m and finding 300m unacceptable then, given a reasonably low net investment since, and the regression of the club. I’m confused.

Do you know what, I think these lads might be cunts.

moores fairly shafted the liverpool fans when you think about it really.

I would blame Parry as well.

He was responsible for bringing them in, and he was repsonsible for any new stadium throughout the Premier League years. Mad to think we are still playing in Anfield.

I read somewhere (probably on here) that they needed to pocket €450 million to break even from their “investment” in the club.