Liverpool - not 2009/10 but the next season after that

Reina said before Christmas that he is a man of his word and won’t leave before his contract ends. Not sure how much that counts for these days but I certainly wouldn’t want to lose him, particularly not to Man Utd.

His quotes this morning mentioned that he was aware that Man Utd would be looking for a keeper at season’s end and that he wanted to win trophies. That was to a Spanish newspaper though so there could be a lot which was lost in translation there.

Reina’s first language is Spanish, mate.

Reina stuck up for Torres in the press last week too. Maybe paving the way for his own departure. Or not.

Any more on this rumour that Carroll could be out for the rest of the season?

I fell from a barstool once and I never played EPL after it, I’d have my fears for Carroll.

I just got a text from a lad who’s a Chelsea fan saying “50 million worth of shit”. I take it things didn’t go well for them tonight :lol:

Torres was absolutely atrocious tonight unfortunately. Not even anonymous but atrocious. I’d hate to see a player of his calibre not get champions league football next year to be honest.

But, you didnt watch it? :unsure:

One of many up and coming youngsters, 16 yr old Raheem Sterling, scored 5 in Liverpool’s youth cup 9=0 victory over southend last night…

http://www.footylounge.com/films/milankakabaros/raheem-sterling-v-southend-fa-youth-cup-video_84d91020d.html

http://www.thefreekick.com/board/index.php/topic/1760-hidden-gems/page__st__40

Liverpool boy-wonder Raheem Sterling is being given a dream ticket to join Kenny Dalglish’s Europa League squad – at the tender age of 16.

The teenage sensation has been rewarded for a stunning five-goal display in the FA Youth Cup with a place on the plane for tomorrow’s tie at Sparta Prague.

Attacking midfielder ­Sterling could be on the bench, and if he came on he would become the youngest player to ever appear for Liverpool.

The record is held by defender Jack Robinson, who made his debut at 16 years and 250 days against Hull last May.

Sterling will be just 16 years and 79 days old tomorrow.

I believe the only reason he could travel was because he is on half term.

Emilio Izaguirre being heavily linked to Liverpool this morning. He was watched by Dalglish yesterday apparently.

Farmer did you hear anyting about the send off Ajax gave Suarez yesterday, sheer class by the sounds of it, presentation, speeches, lap of honour. Some credit to both club and the player himself.

He was linked heavily to United when Ferguson watched the last derby against the huns. Wouldn’t read too much into it at the moment - Dalglish goes to plenty of those games. I don’t doubt there’s plenty of clubs who have noticed the performances of Izaguirre, Hooper and Kayal but would doubt there’s anything to it at this stage other than a few admirers.

No didnt hear anything about it.

Whats the difference between “heavily linked” and just linked. What makes it heavy? Is it one broad sheet, sky sports and a rag? Or will 3 rags do? Or 2 Broadsheets?

Serious question farmer.

A couple of different sources Kev.

The Mirror reported it this morning - they are usually bang on about Liverpool. The Mail had it as well. It wasn’t just your football gossip websites.

Caro Wozniaki warming up today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI5Wwn19n8Q
eature=player_embedded