Living in Dublin

Boston is a great place. Could easily see myself settling in the Back Bay area were it to come to pass, would go back there in a shot. Failing that, its off down the N7.

:clap: :pint:

[ATTACH]468.IPB[/ATTACH]

I hear it was like the Swannage field trip for the Halloween parade in the area last night, utter carnage.

Brian, how is the job situation in the US right now and do you think it will improve there in the near future? Also what industries are the main employment opportunities over there?

check out www.boston.com

The Swannage MILF. :clap:

Lived in Dublin from 2000 - 2003. Great times were had. Went traveling for a year and couldnt face back into it when I returned. Moved to Limerick instead at the time, lasted 9 months there before moving to Galway.

Biggest regret is not having moved to London instead of Dublin in 2000.

The industry Iā€™m operating is very buoyant, my own department has just doubled headcount for my level over the past six months. And they are actively recruiting still, HR have emailed me a number of times to see if I know anyone interested in coming over. As for the rest of the economy I donā€™t think itā€™s doing so well, the real economy remains relatively stagnant and unemployment is high.

The main obstacle to working here is the visa situation, youā€™ll need someone to sponsor you to come over or win a green card in the lottery. What type of skills do you have Mr. T? There are still defintiely opportunities for people with certain skill sets like IT, certain financial positions etc. Although I donā€™t know much beyond my own realm to be honest.

Could always come over illegally too but thatā€™s no way to live really. Met a few in that situation, some havenā€™t been home in six or seven years. Itā€™s not worth that if you ask me.

FenwayPark is probably more aware of the job situation than me.

The big problem most people have is they donā€™t want their kids to grow up as dubs. The class segregated nature of the place means you end up wit characters like TASD or flano. Nice lads in their own way but seriously lacking in substance

TASE is never lacking in substances.

TASE isnā€™t from Dublin so golaā€™s point is invalid.

But it must be fairly sickening for lots of people that commute to Dublin having bought overpriced houses in neighboring counties at the height of the boom. I work with a bird that bought a house in Westmeath and commutes from there. Deary me.

I like living in town a lot. Itā€™s within walking distance to work, shops, pubs, sporting venues, strip clubs and so on.

Gola reads too much into the INTERNET.

lived in Dublin for 6 or 7 years or so and enjoyed it there. but I think everything goes in phases, as at the time all college mates and friends from around were there, but eventually everyone moved on a bit and as much as its a city populated with lots of people, it can be a lonely existence for some. could never have seen myself living there long term. as bad as my commute is at the moment, it could be like Bandage says and those who bought shitty houses in holes miles away from the place.

My big problem is that Iā€™m very unlikely to find a job comensurate with my skillset outside of Dublin, I also canā€™t see myself ever doing a commute of anything more than 30 minutes. Cogito ergo sum, Iā€™m gonna end up living in Dublin unless I win the lottery.

Sadly that means any children I have (apart from my eldest son who will be born in the USA) will grow up as Dubs and not Wexicans. The best I can then hope for is that they grow up to be spoiled private school educated Dubs.

Sorry although obviously not in co Dublin malahide still suffers from the same class segregation which fails to produce well rounded individuals like the rest of us

If I could do the same job in a different Irish city or town Iā€™d move in a heartbeat. The difference in rent would mean Iā€™d be making an extra few grand per year. Iā€™m old now and do fuck all during the week that I couldnā€™t do elsewhere anyway. My boy is a Wexican so I hope to move there at some point and then eventually settle in Limerick. Probably over the way in Doon.

huh?

weā€™;re all posh here. no need for class segregation

Being living in the Fingal Administrative Area for years. Love Fingal and I love Dublin. Far better way of life than the misery of living down the country. Iā€™m always surprised that people are gulled into thinking that life down the country is better.

Depends on what your priorities are Fagan. If youā€™re from a large family who are very close then obviously youā€™ll want to be close to them, regardless of where they are.

life down the country is better fagan

Having lived in Wexford town and Dublin city, I donā€™t think I could ever live in the country.