Llewellin Setter's

Dogs are bloody great. We’ve only ever had one at a time though. Had a Cairn Terrier for the majority of my childhood (ernie 1988-2002). We then adopted a dog from the pound who was an absolute gent before passing away last month due health problems brought on by excess weight.

The house is fierce quiet these days without him. We’re just not ready for a new dog yet though.

[quote=“briantinnion”]Dogs are bloody great. We’ve only ever had one at a time though. Had a Cairn Terrier for the majority of my childhood (ernie 1988-2002). We then adopted a dog from the pound who was an absolute gent before passing away last month due health problems brought on by excess weight.

The house is fierce quiet these days without him. We’re just not ready for a new dog yet though.[/quote]

What are they feeding ye down there?

We have actually only ever had three dogs that I can remember:

Sanko (1981 - 1996)
Bruce (1990 - 2004)
Sonny (2001 - )

All collies.

We’ve an incredibly stupid jack russell cross terrier at home, although she seems to have coped on a bit recently. As a pup she was lucky she didn’t end up paying a visit to “the farmer up the road”.

We always seem to have a dog knocking around the place. Had three at one stage. But thats cos we were stuck with the Runt of the litter (teabag) who never grew. Forever young he was.

Bertie & Odie :thumbsup:

Have a Shitzu and a West Highland terrier at home.
Found the Shitzu in a ditch in a thunderstorm one night. Only has the one eye. Laziest, good for nothing dog ever but a grand yoke all the same.
The West Highland Terrier was bought by my sister. It’s the biggest pain of an animal ever. Craves attention non-stop, and barks at fecking everything.

Not a fan of small dogs myself. Had a couple of Labs but both were poisoned by farmers. Had a rottweiler/labrador cross for years-some dog that was. Wouldn’t hurt a fly unless you told him too.

Bertie & Rosie

You had a dog called Odie too.

Perhaps Runt. I remember we had dogs before him but Bertie was the first I remember. A noble dog he was.

I forgot to update this thread, the poor auld pup was taken ill over the Christmas and unfortunately didn’t make it…A shame really, now I have to start my hunt for a new dog over again

Keep going Puke, get another noble dog and you’ll be happier for it

Our fellow is a Beagle cross from a rescue centre. He’s a bit nuts and was found in Meath so is called Hector. He’s fat and out of sorts since I put up gates on the stairs. He had the run of the house up until now. Great company and security for the missus when I was away

Old fat head was really annoying as a pup.

A pair of football boots, a pair of runners and a pair of wellies she destroyed. She’s not the worst now though.

But sure ye mustn’t have been feeding her properly so if she had to resort to eating leather…

Fuck dogs… They chase their own tail and bark at their reflection! stupid cunts

Cats are where its at…

[quote=“ChocolateMice”]Fuck dogs… They chase their own tail and bark at their reflection! stupid cunts

Cats are where its at…[/QUOTE]

Cats are for women.

Are you a woman sir?

[quote=“ChocolateMice”]Fuck dogs… They chase their own tail and bark at their reflection! stupid cunts

Cats are where its at…[/QUOTE]

Ghey.

This is great stuff,we’ve had a fair few dogs at home but the lwo legends were and will remain Smokey,A sheepdog(around 1987-2003) and Ringo,a jack russell(around 1991-2009).
When the bossman died at home in November 2001 Smokey howled for two days almost non stop while the wake was on,freaked people out in a big way,several of my neighbours said it to me after,dogs know things:thumbsup:

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]This is great stuff,we’ve had a fair few dogs at home but the lwo legends were and will remain Smokey,A sheepdog(around 1987-2003) and Ringo,a jack russell(around 1991-2009).
When the bossman died at home in November 2001 Smokey howled for two days almost non stop while the wake was on,freaked people out in a big way,several of my neighbours said it to me after,dogs know things:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

I would well believe it, a farmer out my way keeled over with a heart attack above on top of a mountain there a few years ago, he wasn’t found for nearly 2 days and the sheepdog was still by his side when they eventually did