Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

The flip belt sounds like a revolutionary device. Iā€™m regretting my recent purchase of a Fitbit before I became aware of such a thing as a flip belt.

If youā€™d any piss left after the powderā€¦

1 Like

The title of ā€˜County Kilkenny Runningā€™ looks a bit misleading based on that map

Oh itā€™s County Kilkenny!

1 Like

Got it working after a bit whilst running. Random selection of button pressing.
:+1:

5 Likes

Was so cold I couldnā€™t undo my laces. Absolutely tipping down freezing rain. Iā€™ve like a scald rash all over. The young fella does too :grimacing:

Unrale scenes!

FOGRA

This is the state of play going into the second weekend of this months challenge. Those whoā€™s times are in yellow are below the set time for their grade and so are deemed SAFE from relegation.

Senior & Senior B

Senior is ultra competitve as you would expect. Fenners is getting back from injury and Wexico96 is just laughing at everyone.
Senior B is a joke, get out and run ye lazy fuckers!

Intermediate and Intermediate B

Six out of 15 have gotten up off their holes and put a time in. Well done to Ralphie and Bandage for making their grade time and are pushing for promotion. Lots of huffing and puffing and rolling down hills at these grades.

Junior

Oooft! Typical of the grade, the lads here are in the pub and will roll up to the game at the last minute, stinking of booze and with no club socks or hurl. More to do.

9 Likes

Are you in the TFK group? Iā€™ll give ya a follow

I dont plan on logging a 10k fast time this weekend again. Taking @fenwaypark advise and working myself up to it properly rather than bursting myself and potentially getting injured or fucked up!

7 Likes

Here/hear.

1 Like

Since getting my flipbelt and new runners my times have plummeted :cry:. Iā€™m like the useless kid that turns up to training with all the new gear.
How long does it take to break in a new pair. Iā€™ve changed from ASICS to Brooks and I may have made a mistake. A few nasty blisters.

Blisters can be a sign that they donā€™t fit?

My first run in my Brooks I was bouncing off the ground with little effort.

Iā€™m not sure tbh.

Great post. This lacks the vigour of February cos lads cant just fly out and do 10k on a whim, (with the exception of the over funded seniors). Week 3 will be moving week though as lads need to post a time in case they get injured drinking by themselves or trying on new running gear and are unable to post a time in the last week.
On a personal note, itā€™s a tough one. Having battered @Thomas_Brady and @Bandage in the 5k Iā€™m now Kildaring my way round a new division and expect to be roundly battered but you never know who will fuck up. Gotta dig it out.

2 Likes

I take exception sir, Iā€™m going to go find a flat course and aim for sub 50 next week.

1 Like

That last hill killed you yesterday in fairness. You were on for a great time otherwise.

Yeah I was kinda thinking that.

Iā€™m following you now.

1 Like

Iā€™m after ordering a proper trail rain jacket. Iā€™d been going round in an Asics boil in the bag job that I bought about 4 years ago for ā‚¬30. Bit the bullet on a decent job last night. Thatā€™ll keep me going gear wise for a bit. This running lark is nearly as expensive as the cycling @Locke

5 Likes