Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

iā€™ll find a flatter piece of land.

Hill will stand to me in the long runā€¦

1 Like

It sort of is. A decent coat and shorts last years though, and cost about three months of a gym membership. Throw in the health both mental and physical benefits, the amount you save on booze cos youā€™ve a run in the morning, and your well in the black.
Iā€™m trying to justify buying a second pair of running shorts which are Ā£70 :grimacing:, and thatā€™s half price on sportpursuit.

I wear normal running tops either long or short sleeved. Then I have a running gilet thatā€™s reflective so throw that on if its wet or dark. But a proper trail jacket will be the job for you, a purchase for life.

what did you go for?

The Salomon Bonatti.

I was on the IMRA (Irish Mountain Running Association) looking at recommendations a while back and quite a few mentioned it. Iā€™d been keeping an eye on prices for a few weeks, and Wiggle threw an extra few quid off when I looked last night. Not much change out of ā‚¬120, but Iā€™ll get years out of it.

Salomon-Bonatti-Waterproof-Jacket-Jackets-Black-Blue-Zip-AW20-L40095500S-2

2 Likes

I must say, it was very noble of you not to post your 10km time yesterday given you stopped the clock for a breather twice on your route.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s spicy for shorts. One of the lads from home was up here a few weeks ago, and heā€™d a grand pair of New Balance shorts on. Said he found them somewhere for ā‚¬16 reduced and they were the best shorts he ever got, so logged back on and ordered five more pairs.

1 Like

They are actually reduced from Ā£169. I kid you not. Still, I wear them loads. Iā€™ve just bought another pair. They better fcuking last. Herself bought me some ronhill ones for my birthday but they are high leg and Iā€™ll never wear them. Iā€™m a 33 waist if you want them. Iā€™ll send them over. Never worn. Expensive enough Iā€™d say, Iā€™d rather they were getting use.

I need a jacket now.

Fuck me, itā€™s endless.

Does keeping cool add a few seconds to your time @caulifloweredneanderthal? I wear big thick hoodies which are usually soaked by the time Iā€™m done.

Yes it does. I run in short sleeves unless itā€™s minus outside, then I put a compression base layer on.

1 Like

For all my Samoan qualities , Iā€™m still only 33 waist :clap::clap:

1 Like

If you are trying to run fast, wear as little as possible. I will be doing my 10km effort in a short sleeve Ronhill running tee shirt. No need for extra layers if youā€™re working on speed.

The hoodies might be useful for training, like the boxing lads, for knocking off a good chunk of that extra weight youā€™re carrying about.

Iā€™m managing my hammer this timeā€¦ Going when I feel good. But you lads that run every day , is it a case that youā€™ve just built up the miles in the legs and can handle it or what? Whatā€™s your recovery after a standard run, lots of water and a stretch/foam roll?

A double IPA and a spliff

3 Likes

Gave you a follow there @flattythehurdler

1 Like

Thatā€™s chunky for 63 inch tall

3 Likes

33 waist and a saggy hole, thatā€™s why your hammer is troubling you

2 Likes

Iā€™m the same now. Hammer isnā€™t right.
Went for a very handy run yesterday and could feel it after a few km, so going to give it a break for a few days and see how it is Sunday.

Going to try a 7/8km tomorrow morning.

6 Likes