LOI premier division thread 2024

By far the better team after going a goal down. Dominated from then until the end bar a few sporadic moments. Far better team with and without the ball. Hunted in packs and worked a lot harder. More aggressive in the challenges and just wanted it more. Blues were very poor I thought. Not enough showed for it and it was a lot of hurried and wasted possession. Few lads just wanted to lash it up the pitch all night long. I missed the winning goal but heard it was horrific goalkeeping by Sargent.

Didn’t cover himself in glory

https://twitter.com/GalwayUnitedFC/status/1763710089095954804?t=Nux0_NEXWq7HOyi5j2RFQw&s=19

Waterford were lethal when they made any movement down their right hand-side in the first half but they went to sleep for the remainder of the game after an excellent goal. A few mates of mine that travelled up from Waterford were fairly bemused at the free-kick given for the winner but I do think 2-1 was a fair result in the end. In fairness to Sargant the pitch is not in great condition these days and it looked to have slightly bobbled in front of him.

I think Waterford are going to be a solid team this year and 4 points from 9 considering ye’ve had two away games is a good return for a newly promoted side.

1 Like

I thought the first goal was poor at the time too. No one marking and no one trying cut out / stop the ball in. Just about 6 lads running back into the 6 yard box.

1 Like

Bossman Steo could have a return to Dundalk in the offing yet. Trailing Sligo 4-0.

1 Like

That’s one brutal goal Shamrock Rovers have conceded

5-0 down now. I’d say he will be back in business soon

Pats “slumping” to a third straight defeat
Relegation 6 pointer against Dundalk on Friday

How come there was no one at that Rovers game? Was there some sort of supporter ban?

2 Likes

Duff’s Shels top of the table.

Woke Bohs beaten again.

That Shels-GUFC match was woeful viewing. Tolka not even able to survive a mild drizzle.

1 Like

Much better from the Blues tonight. Fully deserved the win. These are the times to pick up the points that are going to be vital for them later in the season. Everything that was wrong with Waterfords display Friday night was rectified for the most part. Better on the ball tonight and much better work rate when they didn’t have it. The St Pats keeper was ropey out.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy ??

Protest

They can’t even sell out European games.

Is the league levelling out this year or is it that the “top” teams been slow to get going?

Rovers best players are injured but a few of them seem to be always injured

Londonderrys to lose tbh

Shels are kind of dour from what I’ve seen but are well able to grind out 1-nil wins

Yep, for a flair player, duff has created a dogged enough team

The new North Stand is sold out every week, pal.