LOI season 2018

id say he is big after christmas allright

Big hoop Joey Oā€™Brien coming home?

Although he may look more at home on a building site than a football pitch heā€™d be a good signing for Galway.

Heā€™d Lord it in the first division where being good in the air is 90% of the job of the centre half.

You mentioned Zico Hastings there @mickee321 - is he still playing? I actually work with an immediate relative of hisā€¦!

dont mention billy woods
i dont know TBH, might be up around Wanderers maybe

jesus, the LOI first div is a type of football purgatoryā€¦ it has to be experienced tho by everyone as a fan i think

Yeah, was an awful injury he got. Wonā€™t repeat what was said about that incidentā€¦

Was half hoping Henderson would get the Limerick job. Done very well on a shoe string budget at Cobh and was hoping heā€™d do something similar with usā€¦ went to Cobh for the cup game last season, for a team of kids they all tried to get the ball down and play. Just theyā€™ll always lose out in the physical stakes against grown men in this league.

Cian Coleman will get plenty of game time for us this season.

ah shur look henderson is married into the club down below with the connections of his Mrs- her father was some operator in his day
his son is with Douglas hall and he is working shifts in ringaskiddy, there isnt a penny in ramblers, but heā€™d never up sticks to limerick id say

It really is a different world. Away days in Cabinteely with about 100 people watching under the giant trees as it pisses down.

Athlone Town with about 15 home fans.

The barn in Finn Park.

The slums around Tolka Park.

Thereā€™s a great book to be written about that league sometime.

and like thatā€™s the risk of playing a kid like young kabia pre season, fucking hell, you only need to meet a billy woods

Slums around tolka?

there is
this

but, we need to write one on experiences from say 2000 onwards, detailing the boom bust also , like 2005/6 and arkaga and all the money at cork and shels and drogs, almost beating dynamo kiev at one stage then to the utter crash and back
first div games thoā€¦ my god
i was at shels and cork city in 2010 in the first div in tolka, no ambulance or doctor in the ground, 2010

Must try and pick up a copy of that book.

Youā€™d question your sanity at times following league of Ireland. No glamour or glory.

The Bohs story and Zoe is the best .

tolka park is wonderful ground i think
the area around it tho is probably the worst of any sports stadium in the country
places like united park, oriel- have nothing on it, it really really is depressing,

sorry edit
Pats, the walk from drimnagh luas thru the flats to the ground
pats away support is like some type of special needs group on tour, on a train down to cobh one day for an FAI cup game they were singing if youre happy and you know it clap your hands, a man walking up and down the train leading this singsongā€¦ it was surreal

serious old football men in that ground tho

the noise in bohs too can be great, the fans have a lovely sense of menace there in the Jodi in the corner
that rovers 2-0 win there earlier this year with the away fans facing off with them and the sheer noise of it was unreal
ah its brilliant
i remember cup semi there on TV and Miele equalised in Oriel and the camera goes in to the away fans and its just lads going bonkersā€¦ i mean thatā€™s what its all about, a man had a heart attack after wanderers equalised in the intermediate cup final in the aviva this yearā€¦ people just loose it, i love it

the reaction of the limerick fans after Tosi equalised that night in Tallaght last minute, you cant buy that anywhere

1 Like

Bohs have a proper hardcore of scum in their support. But you need that for a good atmosphere. Played us in Jackman - another unmerciful dump - on the first day of the season a few years back. They brought a good few and most wouldnā€™t have looked out of place at a McGregor fight in Vegas.

Iā€™d love to go to a Bohs - Rovers game some time to be honest. Vitriol. Hatred. Niggle. Magic.

yes, they do , some utter knackers follow bohs
lads in the 40s who believe they are in a football firm

I went to Dalymount for a game for the first time last year. Murals of Phil Lynot around the place.

Many of their ā€œultrasā€ looked like Ian Brown/Liam Gallagher wannabes.

Didnā€™t they have some quirky stuff going on with Johnny Logan and Fat Boy Slim music?

I got the sense that Bohā€™s fans see themselves as a slightly more intelligent, music loving type of knacker compared to the Rovers scum.

They try to rebrand themselves as hipsters but we will never forget their links to linfield

ah but shur thatā€™s soccer isnt it?
it always looks that way when you actually go to a game, it does attract all types of neandethal in every country
ah theyā€™d be harmless enough obviously with a few heroes in the middle of them

thatā€™s one thing about the EPL, it looks lovely from a TV but when you go to say places like Anfield, Upton Park, etc and see just focus on the knackers and scum in attendance youā€™d never watch it again, sky obviously gloss all that out.
west ham and liverpool there a few years ago we were at, youā€™d probably will never see as many degenerates in your life as the liverpool away support, some utter filth from a distance, right hard men - but you realise that is just football really- all clubs have a similar mix i think tbh and if you want to focus on the undesirable part its easy, id try not to thoā€¦ id see Bohs as decent enough tbh, always bring a decent away support too

and the RAF

1 Like