LOI season 2018

obviously not full strength but Limerick were beaten 1-0 at home by Cobh tonight in the EA sports cup
now both sides are not equipped for 2 games in 3 days especially 2 away games in cobhs case
weeknight games away from home are very difficult for amateur sides- that’s virtually a second 11 cobh took up there tonight - kids really, its not really a good sign that they could beat a squad from the premier div lads from a limerick perspective really,

have ye seen bohs play lads? are they really poor?
last season they took a while to get going but akinade dug them out, he’s not there tho now

The worst thing is that Limerick had a strong enough side out tonight. Five or six regulars started. Worrying to get knocked out by a second string Cobh.

Complete lack of goals in this squad. Scored only four goals so far this season and never more than one in a game. Thank God Bray are so dire.

They are limited enough. Often play like Brazil against Rovers but otherwise very ordinary.

Bohs are certainly no great shakes, but they’re dogged, drag teams down to their level and will grind out a few ugly wins.

Ambitious plans from Pats. Personally I’d be sad to see Richmond go but if this happens it could be a game-changer for the junkies. Thoughts @Ralphie

https://mobile.twitter.com/stpatsfc/status/983949333866348544

Pats represent Inchicore and Inchicore alone

a stadium a fifth the size of what is proposed will do

1 Like

Yeah, 12,000 is way over the top.

Pats must be barely getting 1,200 a game as it is at the moment.

Have they no bandwagon Fingal element to their support?

read my previous post mate

they might have some clondalkin/ballyfermot elements allright
youd see a bunch of them at maynooth station waiting for the sligo train so i think they do come out into west dublin a bit

in short their away support resemebles a cross between a special needs community / disadvantaged area going on tour
remember in the summer when you were young and youd hear of buses of inner city kids or at home knacker kids from say mayfield going to a farm or a beach for the day on some youth club project… thats pats
there was a load of them on the cobh train one night singing if youre happy and you know it and a fella walking around the train leading it, it was bizarre

3 Likes

The Stadium of Light is shall we say a bit old fashioned, certainly in the bottom few in the league.
Little or no scope to develop the current ground.
12,000 seems ambitious, unless build 2 main stands to accommodate 6,000 or so and then develop further if needed.
The area certainly needs a boost.
As with all these proposals you would be pleasantly surprised if it ever happens.
I

Pats supporter base comes from the Liberties all the way out to West and South West Dublin.

Ballyfermot, Lucan, Tallaght, Palmerstown etc are all traditional Pats strongholds.

Re: proposed new Pats stadium; if you build it they will come.
Great ambition, I hope it works out for them.

Suspensions meted out following the brawl in the RSC last week.

6 games for Aborah, 4 games for Hery, 4 games for that UUCOAM Beattie & 3 games for Buckley.

One match ban for both managers also.

Caulfield instigated it all by coming on to the pitch when he had no business getting involved so he has escaped proper censure yet again.

Caulfield is a wanker with a big fat fucking head.

3 Likes

Cc @mickee321 @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

From The Indo.

Shamrock Rovers boss Stephen Bradley has dismissed the opinion of RTE pundit Alan Cawley who feels that the goalkeeping situation at the club is a ‘shambles’.

Cawley highlighted his views on the situation at the Hoops on Monday’s ‘Soccer Republic’ show on RTE and claims that Bradley is mishandling the selection of his netminders.

He said: "The Shamrock Rovers goalkeeping situation is a shambles. You look at the games so far that Shamrock Rovers have lost. They have played 10 games. Horgan has played seven; Chencinski three.

" Any time that they have made a mistake, they get dropped straight away. I think that is unfair on the goalkeepers. Every game they have lost has been a goalkeeping error. If you are conceding as goals as sloppy as they are against the top teams, you have no chance.

Ultimately I blame the manager. It’s going to cost the team and it could cost him his job."

Speaking to the Irish Sun ahead of tonight’s Dublin derby with Bohemians at Tallaght Stadium, Bradley said he wasn’t interested in commenting on Cawley’s assertions because he doesn’t respect his views.

“I don’t respect the person it came from, I don’t respect their opinion, so it doesn’t interest or bother me,” he said.

Rovers are fourth in the table and have 16 points from the opening 10 games of the season.

I think cawley is spot on, you could add 9 points onto our total if it wasn’t for keepers