London Hotspots

Myself and two others are off to London this week for the Heineken Cup final to see Ulster put it up to the Leinster men. Having not been in London for pleasure since attending Highbury in 2002 I am looking for well known pubs/clubs/restaurants that are worth attending down around the Twickenham area.

We have 4 days over there, attending the Challenge Cup final also. There are no wives on this trip so all bars and clubs are considered. I’m eager not to be in the vicinity of the real D4 knob heads and I don’t want to go to any Irish bars etc. I’m sure some of you reside in London presently and may know the Twickenham area well. We’re looking for a good, solid watering hole for the first night and somewhere popular for the weekend. All advise is greatly appreciated. :pint:

The Griffin. See you there.

Lovely. A quick google search puts this place high on the list, not too far away either. There’ll be one waiting for you on Thursday night TRE’s.

Good man, although I won’t be venturing towards London until Friday evening, two nights of solid drinking will be enough. Having to go down to twickenham is an inconvenience to the weekend at this stage. 'hon Ulster to fuck…

+1 mate, I’m a Leinster man but despise the majority of Leinster fans that will be on show this weekend. Some of their girlfriends may meet my approval though. I’ll be sporting an Ulster polo-shirt throughout my time in London, that should differentiate me in the Griffin. :pint:

I believe there’s a great “flashmob” happening there to mark the occasion, which sounds right up your street

The Fridge, Brixton. The End, Covent Garden, Annabelles, Mayfair
forget the rest

Both closed now unfortunately, or at least they were the last time I went looking for them

1 Like

depends what you are looking for but infernos in clapham is fully of easy slags

a load of more salubrious establishments on kings road in fulham

Fucking hell, Infernos, thats some spot :lol:

think its been refurbished since I was there last too.

baywatch theme tune a particular favourite in there

there is always the swan in stockwell down the road to keep the party rocking until 6 or so.

That’s disgusting

Great stuff here lads, all will be sampled, apart from the two that have shut their doors.

You’re disgusting, Fran.

:clap: :pint:

A great weekend. We spent nearly the whole weekend in the Richmond/Twickenham region. Richmond is a fine town, full of gentry and good watering holes. One Kew Street was excellent for food and a few beers followed by O’Neills which was a late bar that had a large Irish contingent and plenty of good banter. The Orange Tree proved to be quite a youthful crowd all posh daddy’s boys and girls but some atrocious sluts in there :clap: The Cabbage Patch in Twickenham was superb, a big rugby crowd frequented and although it was 5 or 6 deep at the bar yesterday the atmosphere was sublime and there were plenty of screens to watch some soccer final that was on. The locals were very friendly and the only cunts I came across were a section of Leinster and Munster fans. A top class weekend.

London rocks.

1 Like

Im fucked after that weekend. Spent Friday night in the Covent Garden area in the Porterhouse and wound up in Leicester Square and then last night in the Clapham area. Richmond is a fine area alright. O’Neills was handy enough, didn’t make it to the cabbage patch. The Ulster fans were a lot more tolerable then the other crew.

Anyone who follows rugby is a cunt.

Good man yourself.

Anyone ever been to Madame JoJo’s in SoHo? It looks suitably shabby, decadent and perverse for my tastes.