Los Angeles 2028 - The Games of the XXXIV Olympiad

You’d not think so.
Her coach has done a brilliant job so far, and she’s clearly a work in progress.
I hope he understands the importance of the Europeans to us Europeans.

I saw an interview with Keely Hodkinson where she was planning to buy a Porsche with her paycheck if she won. There must be a decent purse for some of these events.

Yeh she mentioned a windfall from winning the gold. She’s not quite Jessica Ennis but still very marketable

The whole drugs thing is just impossible in my head. Were/are they all on drugs? Why do we believe some are and some aren’t? Were all agreed that not failing tests doesn’t make you clean. Why do we believe clean athletes can beat other amazing athletes who we believe are on drugs? Id be a bit wary of rhashidats/coach flo win at all costs mentality at her young impressionable age if we are all agreed that some of the top people in her sport and event are dopers. Why would she do different if she wants to win and is falling short?

He’s ball hopping for a few of those. But completely agree re football. A total waste of time and a non event at every Olympics. We’re saturated with it from one Olympic cycle to the next. Get rid.

1 Like

A medal for the home of gymnastics. :romania: :romania: :romania:

Who even won the football this time?

Spain made Thierry cry.

For that reason alone, it justified itself.

Couldn’t tell you pal.

I love the beautiful game, but it has it’s place and the Olympics isn’t it.

Strange that yesterday Fintan McCarthy emerged with the team into the arrivals hall of Dublin Airport despite having already arrived home with Paul O’Donovan last week.

Did the double-sculler do a double arrival?

Was wondering the same.

Didn’t he get a lift home the previous week from some lad he met on the flight

He did. Either he went back to Paris or was snuck into the baggage carousel having travelled up from Cork.

He went back and carried the flag in the closing ceremony

He was chosen to be flag bearer for closing ceremony so must have gone back for that. I think athletes have to leave the village within 3 days of their event ending so most probably head off and some come back.

That explains it then.

1 Like

I mentioned this yesterday. He flew home last week to go to the Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna, which were cancelled. They can only stay in Olympic Village for 3 nights after their event finishes apparently so had flights home sorted and flights to Vienna. And the plan then was to travel back for the closing ceremony from Vienna. It was covered on the Examiner Olympics podcast that sad fuckers like me listen to.

There was at least 2 swimmers on our flight home last Thursday that were back at the closing ceremony so I’d say a good crew come back for the party on the last day.

Some of the countries have a residence for athletes who come out of the Village after the 3 days who may want to hang around. Ireland jas this time as well. Some avail of it, others don’t. Rhys seems to have had a ball.

1 Like

Spain. They win everything football related