Los Angeles 2028 - The Games of the XXXIV Olympiad

He went back and carried the flag in the closing ceremony

He was chosen to be flag bearer for closing ceremony so must have gone back for that. I think athletes have to leave the village within 3 days of their event ending so most probably head off and some come back.

That explains it then.

1 Like

I mentioned this yesterday. He flew home last week to go to the Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna, which were cancelled. They can only stay in Olympic Village for 3 nights after their event finishes apparently so had flights home sorted and flights to Vienna. And the plan then was to travel back for the closing ceremony from Vienna. It was covered on the Examiner Olympics podcast that sad fuckers like me listen to.

There was at least 2 swimmers on our flight home last Thursday that were back at the closing ceremony so Iā€™d say a good crew come back for the party on the last day.

Some of the countries have a residence for athletes who come out of the Village after the 3 days who may want to hang around. Ireland jas this time as well. Some avail of it, others donā€™t. Rhys seems to have had a ball.

1 Like

Spain. They win everything football related

What is that meant to mean? Why does it even matter?

Yes, he and the heavyweight rowing pair seemed to be having a ball
Great insta content

1 Like

https://twitter.com/think_or_swim/status/1823352084512534605?t=aDlBCevmwCoZ9S6erWNKxg&s=19

1 Like

One for the seething thread. :grin:

TFK Advocacy gaining international traction

Expect the UK to have a serious medal haul in LA,

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1822224347584516143?s=19

The leg was amputated on Monday.

Cc @Halfpipe Wiffen was on the radio this morning and identified as an Armagh man.
He also said he had been an altar boy. Swimming and altar boy - thatā€™s some roll of the dice by his parents.

17 Likes

Poor story here. She knew she couldnā€™t compete, they had a sub on standby but she hid it and took the place.
Corporate lawyer.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to edit this, she says there was no reserve, which isnā€™t what I was told but that may be true. In which case, chapeau.

Ah, the plot thickens around when she got injured.

In these more enlightened times people can identify however they so choose, but Daniel is firmly within the Down panhandle that gives us access to Lough Neagh. There have been long battles over this territory, once he chose to put on the St Michales Magheralin jersey Danielā€™s stake was put firmly in Down territory.