Lucozade

Gatorade 'fruit punch’was real thirst quencher stateside…there was a blue coloured one called ice something when you find a place over here taht sells the smaller bottles the taste is not the same…:confused:

Powerade would be popular with the sportsmen, I have Gregory Coupet’s Powerade bottle from the Landsdowne qualifier a few years back, it’s here on my desk. I just dandered onto the pitch after the final whistle and retrived it from the back of the net. Does the job for drinking the water in work

You’ve kept Coupet’s bottle for four years and are still drinking out of it? That’s definitely gay and a bit weird Sledge.

That’s our Sledge, all right.

Yeah Lucozade sport (Fizzy) is the business when hungover… Not so good on the colon though!!!

:thumbsup:

One of life’s simple pleasures.

Well I have it there on the desk in work, when I fill it up it lasts way longer than the poxy white cups and it’s obviously better for the environment and that, as I’m not using the aforementioned white cups. Don’t see what’s wierd about it at all but hey that’s just me.

I was waving the bottle around coppers the night of the match, the birds loved it.

[quote=“sid waddell”]Are you trying to give yourself diabtetes?
[/QUOTE]

some fella died recently. He was a diabetic and his wife said he would have been saved if there was lucozade in the house.

So it appears that lucozade is both good and bad for diabetes/diabetics. How can that be?

[quote=“nlgbbbblth”]some fella died recently. He was a diabetic and his wife said he would have been saved if there was lucozade in the house.

So it appears that lucozade is both good and bad for diabetes/diabetics. How can that be?[/QUOTE]

Well the thing with diabetics is problems with their sugar levels isn’t it? So if he was suffering from low blood sugar levels then the bottle of lucozade would have boosted his levels and kept him alive (I’m guessing).

On the flip side if your blood sugar is fine, but you keep drinking high sugar drinks then it will start to screw up your blood sugar levels. (I’m guessing).

I may just save your life here:
http://environment.about.com/od/healthenvironment/a/plastic_bottles.htm

You’re only supposed to reuse a bottle a few times, after that it’s bad for you.

That’s worrying reading aright, will be firing out that bottle now and probably my Lucozade Sport ones I bring to the gym while I’m at it.

I’m still trying to figure out why birds in Copper’s were impressed by a water bottle.

In fairness they probably weren’t in the slightest bit impressed or even interested

Was always a Lucozade man but when in Spain I find that the super-chilled one litre bottles of Aquarius Orange always go down an absolute treat. The isotonic effor of the Coca Cola Company , I’ve seen a version on sale here once or twice not far back I think.

Yes, a bottle of Aquarius is your only man.

[quote=“SoulDressing”]Was always a Lucozade man but when in Spain I find that the super-chilled one litre bottles of Aquarius Orange always go down an absolute treat. The isotonic effor of the Coca Cola Company , I’ve seen a version on sale here once or twice not far back I think.

Yes, a bottle of Aquarius is your only man.

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:XFvKbYdlPIgs2M:http://www.elreydelasgolosinas.com/images/NARANAJA%201.39.bmp[/QUOTE]

Aquarius is bloody gorgeous. Came out here about 3 years ago, I remember as they used hand them out almost daily at the Dart station in town for about a month. Couldn’t find it in most shops though. There’s a newsagent on the road linking Henry Street and Middle Abbey Street that used have it up until fairly recently. I often popped in for a bottle. wonder do they still have it.

Anyone drink a can of Solo in Australia? A bit like Club Lemon but far nicer. Lived on the stuff. I’d bloody kill for a can of that right now, thinking about it as I am.

No sign of Aquarius on the products list at coca cola ireland :smiley:
http://www.ccbi.ie/rep_ireland/roi.htm

I guess Ireland just wasn’t ready for it.

Solo is top notch alright Thraw. I got a text only yesterday from a mate who is gone out there extolling the virtues of Solo.

Ahhhyakk, I’m after tasting this new lucozade it tastes like waterdown rat piss.

1 Like

Fucking rotten. The local super value has a stand of it on the floor for the last six weeks and selling it at a euro. It’s still two thirds full.

1 Like