Managerial Merrygoround Thread

[No tractor puns]

McKenna staying with Ipswich is a strange one. Would he not go to Brighton?

Although he will be in line to rake over at Bayern Munich next season.

Ipswich gave him a shot, why wouldn’t he stay? There’ll be nothing expected of him in the league but if he keeps them up his stock remains high.

His stock is high now. If Ipswich get relegated, which could very conceivably happen, his stock will be low again. It’s unlikely that he’ll get relegated with Brighton.

But you’re right - he’s showing loyalty which is to be applauded.

Saw a headline that Ipswich plan to make him one of the best paid managers in the league

Kompany got relegated with. Burnley and Munich are talking to him.

David Ornstein reported on Saturday that United will conduct a season review this week before deciding on the next steps for Ten Hag. I’m not too convinced though, my information is that the INEOS guys are flying to Finland this week and Wilcox, Blanc and Berrada are not travelling.

Ratcliffes Gulfstream G-650 landed on Sunday evening.

I’m told there was a meeting last week that included those 3 but not Ten Hag. He said he already did his review and was going on holiday but supposedly there is review this week :man_shrugging: With the INEOS lads going elsewhere it looks like they’re trying to control the narrative by making it appear like the decision hasn’t been made yet and the review will actually be this week.

If City did win at the weekend it process would probably have been a lot more straightforward, if City won I’d say Ten Hag would have been lucky to still be in the job. The decision was made prior to the game and now it seems like they are having second thoughts about following through with it. It would have been all wrapped up early with a loss on Saturday. The principle of not following through on the team decisions would be a bad start for the new owners. One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

Thomas Frank has slipped down the pecking order due to other candidates impressing. Ten Hag is backing himself, he thinks he is still the right man for the job. He was offered a chance to speak to Bayern Munich but turned it down as he didn’t want to speak with another club while managing United and wanting to stay. Bayern just moved on then. United had already been speaking to potential managers at that point, he could have been told he was being shown the door and went to Bayern.

3 Likes

I thought that Radcliffe and his band of merry men were meant to improve the running of the club?

It seems like they haven’t a clue what they are at?

1 Like

Big release clause and staying up bonus no doubt

The Tipperary MUFC Supporters Club WhatsApp has been absolutely hopping since Saturday.

Most fellas who were Ten Hag out for the last 6 months have done a complete 180 and are now 100% behind the big man.

1 Like

Its official, united have turned into City of the 90s. This is peak 90s City in a nutshell, they cant even win properly.

1 Like

I’m expecting @Copper_pipe to feature on Duncan castles new transfer podcast.

Incredible insight.

So are they going to twist or stick in your opinion? I’ve said it all along I would like to see him stay, he’s a very good coach particularly of younger players. Mainoo and Garnacho have thrived under him.

On McKenna, think it’s madness him staying at Ipswich. His stock will never be as high as it is right now, it can only go one way now as Ipswich will do very well to stay up. Even if they stay up his stock will maybe plateau or rise slightly, but it’s a big gamble, and unlikely to be as many plum jobs available next summer again.

1 Like

They have but they are very good young players.

Look at other players though. The English contingent for instance - Rashford, Sancho and Mount. All failing to make the England preliminary squad and gone backwards under him.

Maguire and McTominay he wanted out then when force to play them, they played well and then he realised his mistake,

And Man Utd were knocked out of the Champions League this season by Copenhagen. In fact they finished bottom of the group behind Galatassary, But keep him by all means.

3 Likes

They finished 8th in the league reminiscent of their 8th place finish under Dave Sexton.

Mount has been injured all season.

Rashford had his best season ever under ten hag.

Sancho acted the cunt and was given plenty of opportunities.

Mctominay and Maguire both improved this season on last season.

Liverpool dropped off 34 points in one summer. The same summer they signed Darwin Nunez for a 100 million quid.

1 Like

We all want 7en 0ag to stay as Red Devils Boss too pal. We’re on the same page.

1 Like

No idea what way it’s going to go to be honest. His current contract runs to the end of June 2025 but United have an option to trigger a 12 month extension. It would be cheaper to sack him if they lost at the weekend.

England have Potter lined up.

Conte to Napoli.

Great to see him back