Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Do you not have to be fluent in German? Doubt he’d suit Bayern with ex players calling a lot of the shots.

Be a bit of a comedown for Man U to hire a fellow sacked by Brighton & Hove Albion.

Graeme Souness correctly had this hipster marked out as a bluffer from Day 1. They’ve won just 7 of their last 31 league matches.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think he was sacked.

He led Brighton into Europe and they’d an a decent season after selling a lot of players.

Don’t think it proves souness right tbh.

Invariably when a team has its first season in Europe they struggle with the schedule.

1 Like

Souness can always spot a lad who’s is not “a real football man” fairly quickly

2 Likes

Souey gets it.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/jacobsteinberg/status/1791892849501343987?s=46

@Copper_pipe

Right choice by Brighton sacking de zerbi. I think he has been a disappointment after a bright start. And the biggest problem is he clearly has his eyes on every big job that comes up, he is not committed to Brighton over any kind of medium to long term period. I wouldn’t like to see him at United who could do worse than get McKenna in and let him at a full rebuild.

I think people need ro relax on McKenna. He has never managed in the top flight. And straight into Man Utd? No chance.

Are Man Utd really going to change manager again?

https://twitter.com/matt_law_dt/status/1792977578506019150?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

Ahem…

2 Likes

I’d say he could get a lovely payday there all the same.

United wanted him before. Be the man for them now.

Most unusual from Chelsea. They were the team to take into next season.

Bayern Munich would be my first guess

Looks highly unlikely thankfully.

I’ve said it before. He could be incredible but his record is almost a mirror image of Paul Lambert with their East Anglian neighbours Norwich (2009-2011).

Chelsea making a mistake in sacking Poch I’d feel. They were just starting to turn a corner. He’s still superior to De Zerbi anyway.

Conte is going home surely

Chelsea beginning to look like a club that are unfixable.

1 Like

Long may that continue

2 Likes

De Zerbi to Chelsea so but Jose would be great fun.