Manchester United 16/17

Mourinho seems to be getting quite an easy ride from Manchester United supporters. Even prior to the deserved red card the other night, they approached the game like a minnow club. Picked a load of cloggers, stuck everyone behind the ball, man marked opposition danger players, systematically fouled their best player. It was fairly grim. His grandstanding in post-match interviews is pretty tiresome too. Oh look, there’s Mourinho giving soliloquys about why he won’t speak about something.

cc @Bandage

5 Likes

Have you heard their latest chant mate?

No, go on

“Woke up this morning feeling fine, got Man United on my mind, Jose’s got us playing the way United should, oh yeah. Something tells me I’m into something good!”

The Utd way … seems to change every few years…

Jose :clap::clap::clap::clap:

One trophy already in the bag, still in the hunt for the UEFA cup.

Deadwood like Memphis and Schneiderlin already been ousted, Rooney to follow this summer. Squad still very weak in places but hopefully that’ll be rectified in due course.

Something tells me I’m into something good… :slight_smile:

They’re nothing if not versatile.

They’re so desperate for him to be successful that they’ve convinced themselves that they’re actually playing entertaining football. :laughing:

5 Likes

They’re celebrating the Milk Cup, and going on about the European Trophy they’re going to win.

You coudn’t make it up!

I’m old enough to remember Manchester United fans ripping the piss out of Liverpool under Houllier winning a “fake treble” of Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup. Now they’re revelling in scraping by Southampton in the League Cup Final after being thoroughly outplayed and potentially winning the Europa League. Actually, I’m mistaken - I saw an interview after the first leg in Rostov with Mata where he was counting the Community Shield as a trophy too.

1 Like

Celticesque

2 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:

We won the quintuple, actually.

Bar your spelling of soliloquies, that’s a great post mate

1 Like

I’m pm’d @Bandage and he told me how to spell it… I should have went with google.

Dropping poor @Bandage in it - that’s Mourinho-esque levels of playing the blame game mate.

Result from Old Trafford:

Manchester United Nil 0 West Bromwich Albion 0.

4 Likes

:scream:

No Zlatan, no goals .

Two good saves from Ben Foster from Rashford but other than that United were toothless.