Manchester United 18/19 - Producing McTominays on a yearly basis

Did they sell? Yes or no?

Strange that you cite Leicester City so much for their ambition and accuse other clubs who sell players of lacking ambition. Why no comment on Leicester City chairman, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha selling their PFA Player of the Season, N’Golo Kante? Leicester City have dropped to 12th and 9th in the two seasons since they sold their best player.

They won the league. Nobody gave a fuck.

No mate, despite the (presumably???) astronomical figures they were offered (you’ll need to fill me in) they held onto their prized 5 goal a season asset to show the rest of the league that they meant business :smile:
A gambling man like yourself surely had some of the 5k to 1

Nope I didn’t.

You’re citing Portsmouth as an ambitious club because they won the FA Cup (in 2008), went bust shortly afterwards and have operated in the lower divisions ever since. Spurs won the League Cup in 2008. Strange that you cite Portsmouth as ambitious but Spurs not as ambitious when you contrast their respective performance since 2008. You’re all over the place here.

And where are their trophies? Are you lauding failure again?

1 Like

Portsmouth are tiny little footnote of a club. They lived the dream and had a blast. Tottenham hotspur are one of the biggest clubs in the world. A global superpower. They win nothing. Chalk and cheese.

Tottenham epitomize everything that’s wrong with modern football. Judging their performance on a net transfer spend. Bizarre. What kind of normal sports fan cares about how much they spend?

You’re talking pure horsepoo here, you’ve got the forum idiot batting for you though, you’re so edgy :heart_eyes:

No need to talk about Geoff like that. He’s a gentleman.

you’ve only gone and ruined it now :neutral_face:

Portsmouth are a club with a huge tradition. They won back to back league titles in 1948/49 and 1949/50. Portsmouth had won the same number of league titles as Man U in 1950. Portsmouth won the last pre war FA Cup in 1939 as well to move level on the FA Cup roll of honour with Man U on 1.

Amusing how we’re always hearing Man U fans sneering at Man City fans about having no history when Man U fans pretend they were founded in 1878 (and not the actual year of foundation 1902) and sneer at clubs like Portsmouth as a little footnote of a club, when Man U had a comparable level of success to Portsmouth for almost half of their existence.

1 Like

Geoff would you rather win the league and get relegated the season after or finish 3rd every year?

1 Like

Jesus wept

Shock horror as a spurs fan can’t choose between glory and consistent mediocrity

Mate, if Spurs won the league I wouldn’t even get off my couch, it’s unlikely I’d even watch the match,
Don’t assume anything, I made a decision to follow spurs when I was seven because I liked Hoddle and Ardiles on MOTD, it’s just funny how idiotic you are sounding

1 Like

You wouldn’t get off your couch if spurs won the league but you’d spend a beautiful summers evening posting about them? Where are you kids?

Jesus Christ mate, do you think I’d spend all day ‘playing’ with the kids :smile:
You really are a baby yourself :smile:

I’ve never given it a moments thought or engaged in what ifs. I just take it as it comes. My father took me to White Hart Lane as a kid during the season we spent in Division 2. I started off with the might of Bristol Rovers, Notts County, Mansfield Town, Luton Town and Leyton Orient. When you’ve flown so low, you don’t tend to get too worked up about it all.