Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

Bit generous to a manager who consistently got found out in Europe.

2 Likes

It’s four four two magazine. Not zonal marking total football tippy tappy magazine.

1 Like

Flaws alright but the achievements in Scotland, from a low base initially with united, the amount of teams he won with and how shit they’ve been since he left after winning a title surely wins it for him. Certainly in English football anyway maybe there are Spanish or Italian contenders.

This guy thought winning 3 out of 5 leagues is a poor return. He’s lauding Klopp for winning zero leagues in four years. He doesn’t know his arse from his elbow.

1 Like

united never recovered from what he did.

That’s his biggest flaw but he was there a ridiculously long time compared to any other manager of a big club. Should probably have won a couple more European cups but in fairness he never got to sign the really top top real/barca type players either.

He was the worst thing to happen to the club

United were outplayed by a great Barcelona team in two finals. I don’t think we can complain. In fact when you look at the team that got to the 2011 final you’d know he was a miracle worked. What makes sport great is the ups and downs. Anybody that doesn’t look back at fergies time with fondness is an idiot. How he won that last league I’ll never know. Opposition teams were afraid of our manager.

I’m going to write a big long post and get into a huge back and forth argument with you about that

A domestic flat track bully. Utd’s lack of pedigree in Europe didn’t help but he was still found out far too often against lesser teams. No big shame in losing to Barce but he tried to outplay them, twice. Tactically lacking to be considered a great manager.

1 Like

It’s probably for the best he never signed players like that, when he broke the transfer record signing Veron he hadn’t an idea of what to do with him.

Hard to know what’ll happen with the rest of the season but it’s frustrating as we were probably the form team in Europe after dismantling Man City. My sources tell me Jadon Sancho will be moving to us.

We’ve signed a Sunderland chap and we’ve also signed one of the best youth prospects on the planet from Barcelona. He’s been compared to Cafu and everyone was in for him. Excellent stuff.

“we” :grimacing::grimacing:

3 Likes

A Sunderland player and a Barcelona academy reject :joy:

1 Like

Presumably this season will be voided, Manchester City will remain as champions and Liverpool, Chelsea and Tottenham, England’s other three representatives in the European Cup this season will all compete in the European Cup again next season.

City are banned from Europe

Give him a break, missed out on his junior cert so maybe cut him some slack

They’re appealing that so any ban will have to be held over until the appeal process concludes. That won’t be done by this autumn.