Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

I remember deli Ali destroyed united playing for mk dons. As somebody said If fergie was in charge he’d have been came back to old Trafford on the team bus that night. A Few small decisions have huge impacts at this level.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-united-news-teden-mengi-18537125.amp

This fella is being tipped up a lot recently to make the grade. I didn’t realise he was training with the first team squad. I’d sell jones, smalling and Rojo this summer for sure. They need to get them out quick.

1. You wouldn’t know whether Moyes was a mistake or not. Because he wasn’t Senor Moiseo, the fans climbed in early and hard, despite crowing for twenty years about what a great bunch of guyz they were and how united was like a family (:face_vomiting::laughing:), and the board got cold feet and refused to back him properly in the transfer market.
  2. Never heard a bad word said about Maguire in manc. Supposedly a thoroughly nice man.

Mata and lingaard need to go too. I’d say those would save 25 million a year in wages and you’d surely raise maybe 50 million in transfer fees for the 5 players. Thats a fair wad of cash.

Promote James garner and the midfield is fine. Matic, Fred, Pogba, Bruno and McTominay is grand.

Need a wide right midfielder and that’ll sort the attack.

Romero can leave too and bring back dean Henderson.

the full backs of Dalot, van bissaka, shaw and Williams are fine. You’d hope Williams takes shaws place soon.

So we really need to be looking at a centre back and a right winger.

Moyes was a massive mistake. Everton were sick of him when he was leaving for goodness sake. A huge mistake. He was Completely out of his depth.

Big time need a top class holding midfielder

Matic has been outstanding and I wouldn’t be looking to replace him at the moment. I’d be looking for him start off next season with the hope of James garner and Scott McTominay replace him. Much more important to improve our options at centre half and right wing.

Matic is a fine player but probably can’t play 50+ games a season. A huge drop off to McTominay imo. Plus the work rate from the more attacking players just isn’t there, so that position needs to be absolutely rock solid.

You can always improve work rate. Id rather focus on the two positions I’ve mentioned. Fred played a bit of DM too in Moscow I think. So it wouldn’t be top of my list.

I think If you look at the squad and tried to sign two players to improve the team in the next two summer transfer windows you’ll have a fine squad. Trying to sign 3 or 4 players in one window rarely works.

Centre back is a priority all right. They’ve loads of attacking options to be fair.

Yer man James was signed for that. He’s young, Martial, Greenwood and Rashford can play anywhere across the top. I’d imagine Fernandes could play higher up too.

Sounds like you’d be an excellent manager for manyoo mate.

2 Likes

Ya jones, smalling and Rojo need to be gone. You’d be left with bailley, lindelof and Maguire. Plus mengi and Tuanzebe. McTominay looks a centre half to me.

Racing manager for a trainer would do me but I wouldn’t say no if offered :sunglasses:

You could teach moyesie how to run a big club mate.

Hard to see United not win the league next season

2 Likes

The Europa League maybe.

Is there a few contributors here who reckon VVD is shit?

What clown recommended Moyes to the board ??

Moysie wasn’t given a chance. That’s the way it is now though in the EPL at the big clubs with British managers. How Chris Wilder isn’t manager of the year, I don’t know. To paraphrase Big Sam, if his name was Kris Wilderman, he’d be a shoo in.

The board asked sir Alex for his recommendation which was a huge Mistake.

Being a good manger and appointing a manger take two different sets of qualities.