Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

Ashley Young gone.

Who’s paying who the €1.5m?

1 Like

That’s an incalculable loss

Ashley Grimes will be more fondly remembered at OT

1 Like

Did unitrd actually sell their club captain for 1.5M?

Harry Maguire is the new club captain. Very astute appointment by Coach Ole. Quite apart from his status as one of the great central defenders of the modern day game, Harry is officer class.

:slightly_frowning_face::slightly_frowning_face:

So it’s definitely mind games then

Toys gone

Where are the United squad tonight? I wouldn’t have thought the 30 mile trip to Liverpool would have necessitated an overnight stay

Gini Wijnaldum

I remember reading this before, thought it was a bit strange but whatever works I suppose.

United stay in the Lowry hotel the night before home games. They have done for 6 or 7 years I’d say. Probably staying there tonight as anfield is an hour down the road. Wouldn’t say it 100 percent rules out rashford but if he’s anything less fully fit it would silly for OGS to risk him. Winning two cups is the priority now and there’s no point ruining rashfords season for one game.

This isn’t actually true mate

What isn’t?

Any of it

Yes it is. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3687877/amp/Inside-Lowry-Hotel-Block-booked-Manchester-United-season-Jose-Mourinho-s-temporary-home-five-star-football-friendly-venue-cost-guests-4-000-night.html

I’m not sure they stayed there the night before games under van gal but it’s been on going for a while now. It’s common place among most premier league clubs I’d imagine. Different in the continent where teams usually play late on a Sunday evening in the likes of Spain. Pretty sure Man City stay in their ground the night before games. I found that unusual because if I’m not mistaken guardiola insisted Barcelona players stayed at home and flew to all their away games the morning of matches. Didn’t they drive to Milan the time of the 3-1 defeat to inter when Jose was in charge over the ash cloud.

It’s in the daily mail, it’s definitely true :joy: :joy: :joy:

My sources tell me rashford has a stress fracture in the lower back and will be out for several months.