Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

anthony is costing Utd 27.5 million a year over his 5 years

haaland is costing City around 31.5 million a year over 5 years

No its not; 230 million was spent on Martial, Maguire, Fred and Wan Bissaka, for example. They are worth nothing now, alright

But it’s complete nonsense.

If you take man uniteds squad of 22.

You don’t have that expensive a squad or that high wages.

And the wages keep coming down too.

Trying to claim a one legged martial at 90 million as some sort of indicator of potential performance is complete rubbish.

If i buy an apple for a euro its value was a euro. If i then eat it and let the core rot, the historical value of that apple is still a euro. Thats how much was spent.

The value of the core in relative terms is lower now but in an argument about value its irrelevant as the only known fact is a euro was spent.

Its not difficult

1 Like

It seems it is.

Varane’s stride reminded me of a young foal

happy baby animals GIF by San Diego Zoo

Your post says a lot more about me than you

its not a good look

I just saw a lad walking around Corbally in a Galatasary jersey.

Top bantz @chocolate_mouse

He is tremendous fun. Don’t dissuade him please.

Remember when United signed him they had a balon d’or clause in the contract, another poor young lad they failed badly as a club.

After the positives of last night, its safe to say this evening is another good evening for United fans. I must admit I doubted the recent claim that United would win the French league but on the evidence of this evening they would, hugely positive.

4 Likes

I think yer man Diallo had a "Spot awarded by @Fagan_ODowd " clause which is yet to be activated

2 Likes

Some performance by @BruidheanChaorthainn over the past 24 hours. If only the United players would show half the fight, pride, determination and defiance.

3 Likes

He’s training with the U21s now I’m told.

1 Like

He’s nearly back so

1 Like
1 Like

I’m not sure at what point but martial is meant to have gotten an absolutely woeful injury. He’d be retired if he wasn’t on so much I’d say. I wouldn’t be as critical as him going forward. He can barely run anymore.

8 Likes

I’d have No worries.

I’ve watched teams being built in multiple sports.

It can often be one step forward and two steps backwards.

Ten hag isn’t going to fix over ten years of bad spending in twelve months. It’ll take time.

Two weeks ago the excerpts on here were chirping Evan Ferguson was vastly superior to hojlund. Big Evan was subbed off at half time on Saturday while hojlund nets a European brace.

Things can change quickly in this game.

I dunno. That team doesn’t have a heart, core, spine, engine room, catalyst, captain or figurehead. They need to buy and sell/shoot too many players, and they need to do it all at once. Eth is floundering. If i was him I’d takr a hape of good, bad or indifferent players out of the youth teams, make bruno and rashford sit on the bench and watch. Erics best and only possible plan at this juncture is to have a huge slice of luck in discovering a couple of players who give a fuck. Some young lad needs to plant casemiro on his hole in training. Oh to be 15 again.