Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

The decision makers at Utd that matter, ie Youtubers and TikTokers, have turned agains him apparo.
Its over

Once a sacking club :cry:

Where did it all go wrong

1 Like

And Gary Neville as well.

2 Likes

Just about any new manager or player would turn ip to old trafford with a deep sense of dread.
It will take a massive personality.

Zidane in as manager with Keane as assistant would be spectacular. Will never happen of course but lawd it would be box office.

Because they paid 60 million for him.

2 Likes

And the lad in McDonalds.
I think it’s the wrong decision unless they really have someone top top drawer fully lined up, and they need to stand behind him. Foisting CR7 on OGS looks to me to have really let the rot in.

Disagree; Ten Hag seemed to have improved thins somewhat last year but the whole kite flying and dilly dallying around the Greenwood situation seems to have caused a chain reaction of further player apathy and general malaise

Foisting CR7 on OGS completely undermined him.

Cr7 smoked ogs

1 Like

I agree there were fairly positive signs last season. He seemed to be getting player buy in, even more so after he/the club dealt with a washed up Ronaldo’s distracting presence, & it looked like he was able to set up a team & clued in tactically. But I think the alarm bells had started to go off before the Greenwood furore. Fans might cite lack of squad depth & late season injuries but there was quite a drop off towards the end of last season, albeit they were fighting on several fronts.

Losing 7-0 at your bitter rivals, a Europa League second leg capitulation & they crawled over the line to claim the CL spot after suffering some other bad defeats. Losing the FA Cup Final wasn’t an embarrassment of anything - they were facing a great side - but a win there would have been important for morale & further buy in. Not just the drop off in results but some of those performances highlighted several weaknesses in both squad quality & character of individual players.

I think it was exacerbated by the recruitment in the summer. They didn’t need a flitty/inny/outty, is he a 10, is he better wide in a front 3, can he play deeper type like Mount. Even allowing for Amrabat, they needed an athletic, dynamic, traditional midfield player. They also needed a centre back & a full back & they got Jonny Evans.

And as time has gone on, the team structure & tactical set up that looked promising up to around February has unravelled quite a bit. They’ve been a mess on the 3-4 occasions I’ve seen them this season, e.g. at home to Galatasaray & Manchester City. Hard to know what they’re meant to be doing with & without the ball & player application looks questionable too. That might not be surprising when you try to force lads out & then come back to them in desperation.

As much as the general instability at the club would make it difficult for any manager, it’s hard to see a way back for Ten Hag when things turn & turn so badly.

5 Likes

https://x.com/markkleinmansky/status/1720398048751153247?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

My sources say should Jim be successful in his bid he’d be looking to bring Kieran McKenna back to the club.

1 Like

I’d love to see Roy Keane get involved.

2 Likes

I’d like to see a win when I go over but sure I can’t have it all. :frowning:

2 Likes

Don’t stop believin’

father ted misery GIF

3 Likes

No wonder you can always get a ticket. No one wants them.

Jaysus you dont know misery, yet.