Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Hojlund Will be rip roaring success. Look what ETH done with the likes of rashford and wan bissaka.

Could you ladybird that for me mate, rather than just constantly repeating it?

I saw a few Atalanta games last year and he didn’t stand out to me. I’ve watch a compilation there and he is cumbersome on the ball. He takes too many touches because his first touch isn’t good enough. He is going to struggle against better defenders.

Re Antony, he does need to step up. In the context of 86 million and where United want to go, more is needed. ETH has said this himself

Strengths: good diligent man to press and very press resistant. Lovely weight of pass and a real eye for a pass. Takes up very good goal scoring positions and big scope for improvement in finishing. He is a great striker of the ball.

Weaknesses: Extremely one paced for an EPL winger at a top club, his play can be predictable due to this as he has to cut in. Exacerbated by the fact he is quite one-footed and lacks the athleticism to make the back post for easy goals. Most top fullbacks fancy it with him due to this.

1 Like

AWB started about 35% of games last season I’d say😂 ETH transformed the €50 million defender alright. I’m not sure how that relates to likelihood of an attacking player succeeding.

1 Like

Will Garnacho start regularly? He could be a steal on FPL at 5.0

2 Likes

I think he should.

My front 3 would be

Garnacho Rashford Greenwood

1 Like

Cunt rice can stay where he is.

He didn’t play until post World Cup. He’d issue with alcohol by all accounts.

He improved significantly technically which is exactly what people say he couldn’t do.

It’s almost like we’ve got a really good coach.

You’re picking a lad who isn’t even a part of the squad and hasn’t play football in 18 months.

Stick Rice in next to Casmimiro with Bruno pushing on, that is a very powerful, balanced midfield that would have United competitive. Especially going away in Champions League.

He is also a rapist apparently. He would need to get up to speed. I’d say with his ability, its inevitable he’ll be back.

You’re all over the shop here.

You said Anthony is no good because he’s no pace then saying man United should sign Evan Ferguson who has no pace.

With rashford, garnacho and hojlund man United won’t be lacking for pace in the forward positions.

@neilld Evaluating players by watching football
@BruidheanChaorthainn Evaluating players by listening to Mark Goldbridge and reading Duncan Castles

7 Likes

I’ve no idea who mark goldbridge is.

Don’t think Duncan castles evaluates any players really and I’m not sure he does any work in football since Ian mcgarry passed away.

Look deeper

That sounds suspiciously like your treatment of poor auld Darwin Nunez

Ferguson is a centre forward in the mould of Harry Kane and Robert Lewandowski, he is a leader of the line. His most important work is with his back to goal and in the penalty box. Pace is not a neccessity. Kane and and Lewandowski aren’t quick. What is a neccessity is to be an elite level technician as a lone centre foward.

Antony being a winger, one of his primary duties is his ability to beat his man one v one, his lack of pace means he struggles with this at times. He does other stuff well, but its a big drawback.

Let me emphasise, Ferguson doesn’t need to be quick. Re Ferguson’s pace, the times he has looked slowish are with Ireland,where he is deprived of the ball and no one is good enough to see his runs. He doesnt look slow with Brighton, the guy is 6"2. He is also unbelievable in the air.

2 Likes

No he’s absolutely crap. Liverpool were a vastly superior side the season before he signed.

Man United were a vastly inferior side without Anthony.

I bet he’ll score 15 plus goals this season

1 Like

Kane has won nothing. The most overrated player around.

Lewandoski has spent his career in a joke league.

Playing for Brighton and playing for man United are two very different things.

Man United need pace up top. Its imperative.