Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

All good news for united

https://twitter.com/footballllz/status/1777303067072884896?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

3 Likes

That might go over a few heads

1 Like

The Paddy Footix bragging rights trophy. It doesn’t get much bigger than that.

3 Likes

Even if Liverpool win the league the bragging rights will belong to Paddy Manc.

According to my sources, the INEOS view is that the season is over(aside from Fa Cup). Murtough has stepped down today as per The Athletic. Brailsford didn’t want Murtough around while the discussions for next season, I assume this is for leaks.

Jason Wilcox is basically a done deal. He has a few things to sort out with Southampton but no worries about it. Would expect it to be confirmed in the next 2 to 3 weeks or possibly sooner.

Ten Hag isn’t the man for the job long term and they intend to replace him. INEOS would like to get Potter but they want to decision to be made by Berrada and Ashworth. They had hoped to get Ashworth sooner but Newcastle not easy to deal with.

When Wilcox comes in I’d say they’ll start contacting managers about the role. It was rumoured that Murtough was leaking info and they didn’t want him being part of the process.

Next steps in the process would be to try and get Dan Ashworth as soon as they can so they are able to make the decision about Ten Hag.

If it’s not possible to reach a deal with Newcastle for Ashworth then it would could be that Ten Hag will be the manager for the start of the new season but Mitchell van der Gaag being replaced by a coach picked my Berrada/INEOS.

This new coach would be the interim manager should Ten Hag get fired or they could move for Potter if available.

1 Like

Not Graeme potter Jesus wept please no

Potter is an excellent manager. Anybody would struggle at Chelsea.

A shrewd appointment. Much better than Southgate. What do you think @neilld?

2 Likes

Either Brighton or Chelsea have improved massively since he left but he just isn’t a guy you go to war for anyway.

I’d go for simeone inzaghi.

Is this the same Jason Wilcox who was a winger for Blackburn in the 90’s?

Tis

Fair play to him.

His Brighton work was very impressive, would have no issue with him tacticallybor as a trainer- suppose the question is whether he is a big enough personality.

1 Like

I’d take Dyche over Potter.

Moyesie might be just the man. Again.

https://twitter.com/academyscoop/status/1778024170346922215?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

Via @Copper_pipe

That would be an absurd situation

Sounds about right for how the Club is run tbf.

I could see Martial going to Spurs.

Cunts getting a kicking at home to Atalanta. It’ll be quiet here tonight…:smiley:

Nah. It’ll be busy here. When they’re shit they normally come to this thread to talk about united.