Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Mount in, Onana looks like he’s on the way too.

Need to start moving a few players out now or there’ll be no striker signed.

He’s the gift that keeps on giving :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

https://twitter.com/utdplug/status/1676873858358312961?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

2 Likes

Great signing when you consider ETH wanted to sign Mount, on loan from Chelsea, to replace FDJ at Ajax. He had seen him play at some Dutch club, Vitesse Arnhem maybe, the previous season.

1 Like

He made the Dutch league team of the year that season too.

My initial assessment. I hope to fuck I’m wrong but still feel this way. Ive a few united fans trying to change my mind. Still, ten haag is a genius so id trust him but … Mount is exciting nobody.

2 Likes

Another overpriced bust like Sancho, it’s infuriating knowing he will add nothing from the outset.

If the redeployment doesn’t work, I’d say he will play down the right a good bit. He is diligent enough for that.

I think his athleticism is being overstated. Caicedo would’ve been a more solid signing I think and put bruno to the left.

Tactically ETH is brilliant, but some of the signings are questionable.

No way were they spending 80m on Caicedo.

Mount is basically the new Eriksen.

In big games, I don’t think Eriksen works in that deeper role either. Just hasn’t the legs to keep showing for the ball and is susceptible to being turned over.

Now I remember the Forrest game, Eriksen and Bruno totally dominated at that level.

I’m not sure Mount is as gifted as Eriksen anyway.

You’ve Eriksen, Mount, Bruno there and all 3, at their best are final third, last pass players. It could be a recipe for a vaacuum in the middle.

Bernardo Silva was a winger, in ETH we trust. I’d like a look at Sancho in the middle, he is most like Bernardo. Diallo too, who is a lovely player.

Will be interesting to see will ETH follow Pep, Arteta, Klopp with the inverted fulbacks. The fella Timber at Ajax would be a great signing at right back but think Arsenal have him.

Talks ongoing for Onana.

That’ll leave around 30m forca striker so sales need to happen.

Time to deal Greenwood to the Saudis.

1 Like

They should go for Ivan Toney. Try and hang on till Christmas.

He’ll be the signing of the season.

Henderson going for 30 million

1 Like

Fucking great.

To who? He’s on £120k a week apparently so either he’s going to have to take a huge pay cut or it’s one of the elite clubs coming in for him (which I sincerely doubt is the case).

Forest.

I presumed this was the Everton midfielder and thought it was a shrewd enough addition but it turns out it’s the goalkeeper who was banned for a year and spent time in jail?

Didn’t taje anything worse than an asthma enhancer seemingly.

Haven’t seen anything about jail, though a Liverpool fan would know a thing or two about goalkeepers breaking the law I suppose.