Marlon King Jailed

Footballer Marlon King has been jailed for 18 months for sexually assaulting a woman - and has been sacked by Premier League club Wigan Athletic as a result.

The striker was repeatedly “cold-shouldered” by the 20-year-old student in a bar in central London last December, Southwark Crown Court heard.

He groped her and then punched her, leaving her with a broken nose.

The father-of-three, from Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, had insisted it was a case of mistaken identity.

The jury returned a unanimous verdict, however, and King was convicted of sexually assaulting the woman and causing actual bodily harm.

The assault happened at the Soho Revue Bar at a time when he was on loan with Hull City.

King was celebrating two occasions - his wife’s latest pregnancy and the scoring of a winning goal - with a night out in the West End.

He was repeatedly “cold-shouldered” by women in the bar, the court heard.

‘Gratuitous violence’

[B]Prosecution lawyer Roger Daniells-Smith said King had struck up a conversation with his victim by saying: “Don’t you know who I am? I’m a millionaire.”

The court heard she replied: “I don’t care who you are; take your millionaire self away from our table.”

He groped the woman and she told him: “Don’t do that, it’s not nice. Don’t touch me.”

King was warned off her again but he continued to stroke the woman’s hair and then told her she was not in his league, the court heard.

After she pushed him in the chest, King lost his temper and a moment of “completely gratuitous violence” led to him “smashing” the victim to the floor, jurors were told. [/B]

Two other people standing beside him were also knocked away as a result of the force of the blow he inflicted.

Several witnesses testified that King was responsible, despite his denial.

They included a football coach who insisted the 29-year-old Jamaican international was the assailant.

Not as bad as what happened to his mate Rodney.

I would be wary about a lot of these cases that report ‘don’t you know who I am’ lines but anyone who punches a bird is a fucking cunt.

Groping - now there’s no harm in that.

His defence was that it was ‘a case of mistaken identity’?

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I would be wary about a lot of these cases that report ‘don’t you know who I am’ lines but anyone who punches a bird is a fucking cunt.

Groping - now there’s no harm in that.[/quote]

:smiley:

Is it racist if I say something about them all looking the same?

If he is done for sexual assault on the basis of groping to which she replied ‘don’t do that, it’s not nice’, then half of Coppers clientele would be in Mountjoy.

Stroking someone’s hair is now sexual assault? Something artfoley won’t have to worry about, I suppose.

How do you think he lost it? Giddy up.

That question is similar to when someone on a radio show asks “Can I say hello to (insert name)?” and the response is often

“You just did”

King should have called John Motson in as a defence witness.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sport/44811.stm

Motson called to apologise over “implied racism”

The BBC football commentator, John Motson, has been defending himself over remarks he made suggesting that it was difficult to tell black players apart.

Motson, a BBC commentator for more than two decades, was asked on Radio 5’s Sportsweek programme on Sunday if there were often players who looked alike. He replied: “There are indeed, often more than two players in some cases.”

He continued: “There are teams where you have got players who, from a distance, look almost identical. And, of course, with more black players coming in to the game, they would not mind me saying that that can be very confusing.”

However, politicians from all parties immediately queued up to condemn his gaffe.

Richard Allan, Liberal Democrat community affairs spokesman and MP for Sheffield Hallam, said such attitudes were wrong and outdated. “It is unfortunate that with so many of our top sports personalities coming from the ethnic communities and doing so well flying the flag for Britain we still suffer from these racial stereotypes.”

Asian MP, Keith Vaz, said he was “astonished” by the remarks and called on Mr Motson to apologise. Mr Vaz, Labour MP for Leicester East, said: “Far from adding to confusion, the arrival of black players in British football has greatly enhanced the game.”

Tim Collins, chair of the Conservative back-bench committee on culture, media and sport, said racism was no more acceptable because it was unintentional. Mr Collins, MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, Cumbria, said: “There can be no place for racism or implied racism in British football.”

And when Mr Motson tried to defend himself on BBC radio’s Today programme he did not make things much better. “What disturbs me most about this is that race only becomes an issue when someone makes it an issue and the people who have taken my remarks out of context have caused a stir here which is not only intended, but completely inappropriate.”

But Mr Motson’s refusal to apologise has not endeared him to some. Brendon Batson, Deputy Chief Executive of the Professional Footballers’ Association, said he believed Motson had been “extremely clumsy” in his remarks.

Batson, the first black PFA official, said: "I believe he is trying to set the record straight now, but I think he was just being extremely clumsy and I can understand why people can get upset about it.

“If there is a group of players you are having trouble identifying I can’t see how it makes any difference whether they are black or whether they are white. I am sure he would have liked to convey whatever message he was trying to convey a little more appropriately.”

The Commission for Racial Equality declined to comment on the row.

[quote=“The Runt”]
They included a football coach who insisted the 29-year-old Jamaican international was the assailant.[/quote]

:confused:
Thought this lad was going to play for us?

you’re on a roll here :clap:, bandage is just rolling

and the other half would be in the female prison…:stuck_out_tongue:

Got what he deserved by all accounts, the cunt :guns:

some way to celebrate your wife being duffed…:smiley:
go out and try to nail a bit of stray…atleast he’ll have a story for the grand kids…:eek:

Apparently he was grassed up to the cops by a team mate who confirmed that he was there.

when did Michael Duberry join Wigan??..:guns::guns:

King has previous on attacking women.

Chased one down a street, and spat in another’s face apparently.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]King has previous on attacking women.

Chased one down a street, and spat in another’s face apparently.[/quote]

Fair play to him. But has he ever done anything to suggest he warranted this harsh prison sentence? What’s the world coming to when you can’t give a woman a dig or two in the head?