Married Life

Just emailed the brother there, who is married, about having a few quiet pints tonight and have a bit of a life audit.

His initial reply said that he was going out tomorrow night with mates so he couldn’t.

I explained to him that I was also heading out tomorrow night and I just fancied a few quiet pints.

He then replied saying ‘I wouldn’t be able to get permission for two nights in a row!’

Is this type of weird behaviour a regular occurence for married folk on here?

I’m not married (yet), but I’m living with my other half and I know that the days of just heading out whenever you want is gone, I can go out, but I might get a guilt trip, and that just isn’t worth it.

Saying that I was out last night and I’m going out tonight as well :mad:

I guess it’s down to them having responsibilities to people other than themselves now.

I see it with my brother-in-law who would previously have been the type to get ridiculously messy when out on a session.

Nowadays, the rest of us will be hitting the shorts and shots after a feed of pints and he’ll stay sipping on a pint and just ease off.

It’s generally because it’s his turn to get up when the kid wakes early on Saturday/Sunday morning or he has to be up early to collect a table for the kitchen or other boring but practical stuff that comes with married territory!

It’s pretty funny recalling when I was about 14 or 15 my older sister arriving home absolutely pissed after nights out and now she drinks about 2 bottles of Coors Lite over the course of a whole night out and spends the rest of the time watching my brother-in-law and telling him he’s drinking too much, too quickly and it’s not on because he has to fix the garage door in the morning or something.

And so on and so on - poor bastards!

But we are happy, and it happens to all men. 1 man I know that I would consider to be the most “single like” in relation to heading out and getting lashed didn’t go the the Munster New Zealand game cause his missus told him that if he didn’t get 2 tickets he wasn’t going

thing that makes my shite boil is when a woman goes out with a wrong 'un or a bad boy for years…they end up breaking up and the woman goes around cursing him for being a prick…he was a prick when you met him luv…didn’t bother you then…what actually bothers you is the fact you couldn’t mould him into what you wanted him to be…when all your other mates have their boring bastard boyfriends by the short and curlys…where have all the real men gone I ask…rant over…

If I had the chance again I wouldn’t go through with it. Stupid decision.

it mightn’t be too late for an annulment rocko;)

It’s normal maybe if there are kids involved as I reckon 1 person minding a kid with no break is a pain.
If it’s 2 nights in a row and happening every week or so then it could be a problem.
Yours etc,
GSH.

What do you think I sent Art off to Asia for? He was working away on the case.

that bloke sounds like a pussy

I’m dreading the thoughts of ever getting married and being forced to go to sh!te like wedding fairs and woodys to get new garden furniture. Why would anyone volunteer for that sh!te?

Do what you want, whenever you want, whenever you feel like it. If a woman loves you she will put up with it.

My older sister was like yours Bandage, she doesn’t even drink now.

Tip of the cap to you sir. Excellent post and bang on the money about those coonts.

What is it about birds when they settle down that they never want to go out with the girls, every night they have to go out as a couple with friends as if to say “look at me with my lovely boyfriend here, i don’t need to go to coppers for cock anymore”. Whereas blokes love getting away from the bird whenever they can and having a session with the lads. The sad thing is most lads eventually get beaten into submission and accept that they can only go on a lads night about 3 times a year.

I fooking hate being on the piss in the presence of a couple - on the one hand you’re trying to be nice to the bird while on the other and you’re trying to have a bit of banter with your mate and get him drunk so the bird will fuck off and let everyone enjoy the night.

Bang on the money yourself too there Jugs. That’s like last summer when myself, Jugs and a few Wexicans were going to one of the Wexford football games and one of the lads decided he was bringing his ‘new bird’ along. Now, he wasn’t even really going out with her - I think he’d scored her one night and been out a second time with her and ended up getting a blowie or something. And then cunt decides he’s going to bring her along to a traditional lads’ day. We did ‘polite’ for about an hour and couldn’t last any more. Ridiculous carry on.

I really don’t get this ‘permission’ shite, fair enough if there’s kids involved it’s different. But I mean a couple with no kids, if one wants to go out of a night with the lads or to a match or this and that, why the fook not? Another thing that gets my goat is in hurling, women making their fellas give up hurling in case they get broken up, or a busted nose or can’t go on holidays with them in August. What is that about? It’s bad enough when they make lads wear helmets, now they want them to give up the game. I reckon you make a stand early on, put the control freaks back in their box straight from the starting gun.

I reckon alot of lads though hide behind this shite too, a mate of ours was caught out badly when he told us he couldn’t go on this stag because “herself wouldn’t allow me”. Anyway we brought it up in her presence afterwards and she let the cat out of the bag by saying she wanted the lying fcuker to go.

Point taken lads. I’ll keep Mrs Rock at home from now on.

Proper order.

That reminds of a recent enough Friday night out.

We were going with ‘regular rules’ whereby the subject of any texts or phonecalls received have to be shared with the group.

So Rocko got a text from his wife wondering who he was out with and where we were. He replied to let her know. And then she got back to him and he had to let the rest of us know what she said - it was rules after all.

It turned out she was going home and not joining us in the pub as she doesn’t like cesc4.

Sounds like an erudite lady, well done Rocko.

[quote=“Bandage”]Proper order.

That reminds of a recent enough Friday night out.

We were going with ‘regular rules’ whereby the subject of any texts or phonecalls received have to be shared with the group.

So Rocko got a text from his wife wondering who he was out with and where we were. He replied to let her know. And then she got back to him and he had to let the rest of us know what she said - it was rules after all.

It turned out she was going home and not joining us in the pub as she doesn’t like cesc4.[/quote]

Was it not a phonecall?

And the rules said that you had to take the phonecall in the pub but he went outside.

Not the most reliable is our boy Rocko.

As a relatively newly married lad, I can see both sides of this.
No need for permission to go out whenever I want, however there is some sense of obligation to the missus. I work away an awful lot- usually Mon-Thurs so am only home for 3 or 4 nights a week. As a result I tend to want to spend time with the Missus when I’m not wrecked from work. I will admit to feeling guilty at being away all week so don’t go out with the lads as much.
If I get a run of nights at home I do go out with the lads whenever I want to but I can see that changing in the future when childer come along.

WBY

Edit: Not being able to get out two nights in the row is shameful. Any “woman” that has to be asked for permission isn’t worth it. Little hint lads, she’ll not develop these traits just because you married her. She’ll be like this when you are going out with her, so if you see the signs, dump her it will only get worse.

Before living together: Out any night I wanted
Living together: Same again as long as I came up with the rent/grub/bills money
Engaged: Same as above but now you’re saving for a house/wedding: down to once a week with cinema night or something with herself.
Married: Better than being engaged, out again but more with couples
9 months of pregnancy: Sweet deal coz she can’t drink. Taxi home! 'Ave it!
Fatherhood: I’d say twice a month at this stage. Drink at home. Had around a dozen pints last weekend and Chicken George can add how I was like afterwards…